THB Website 3-5-2020

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's my pleasure Billy, I appreciate your participation here and at the events. This site is nothing with out that! :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Hostmonster decided to switch to a new server. When they did, the new server didn't accept some of the coding written into the site. That's how I understood it. Cameron figured it out lastnite. He also fixed my registration error, so now new people can register for the site. That has been down for awhile as well.  crazy.gif

We are going to have to create a new forum board. This theme is no longer supported.  The plan is to create a new forum, and make a link to this site so all this info will be locked down. Too much information and memories here that we don't want to lose. If there is a way to move it to a new theme with out loosing any of it, we will visit that option for sure. It looks like it will be a necessary move from here on. All this technology is out running us. What we are thinking is having a button in our options bar that is called classic or something to that sort. As it looks like it will be ready to roll out, I'll let everyone know how it will work. Fun, fun for sure.  think.gif

Devilman

Oh dang. Yeah... that's been the word around the campfire for awhile now, that this site was pretty outdated, so figured it was just a matter of time. At least like you say, if it doesn't transfer, it would be archived so it could still be accessed.

What about the image gallery, is there a way to restore that as well?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on that. There may be a way to get at least some of it back. I'm not sure on that one, but we where discussing some potential option lastnite.  think.gif

73 Sanger Flat

THANKS AGAIN Steve and your son .. That would be great it we can keep the old stuff also by just clicking on a link or ?? A lot of memories in here .. I was the 10th  person to get on here when Bill started it up ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Billy, it will be up on the navigation bar like Profile,my messages and so on. If the site had been updated more extensively in the past, there would have been small changes over time. But that wasn't the case, so now we are looking at a big change that will look different, but have the same info and format. Plus I want to get the market place up and going. I have been working on some THB gear and doing a little product testing if you will. See how it holds up. I have some Koozies coming out soon, then some shirts and what not.

My son is a big part in making all this happen. He has been the one to diagnose and repair the site so far. He has some ideas for what it can be, and is working on a plan on how and when to get it there.  I think in the long run it will be good and have a better functionality to it. It should be easier to use like FB but still have easy reference like this format. Hopefully be the best of both worlds if that is possible. I would like to spend more time on bringing new content to the site with videos and such. I have been buying equipment to do just that. Now I have to get use to filming stuff and editing videos. All stuff I am not good at. Not to comfortable being that guy walking around with a camera recording everything I see or do. But that seems to be the ticket to make a site successful in today's world. I would also like to participate in more events. That part is hard with a big racing schedule, but I am hopeful other member s here will post up content from events I can't make. That way we can get the traffic and membership back up to where it use to be.

I really do like this site. I wouldn't have accepted taking it over and the cost that goes with that if I did not. But it was like inheriting an old boat with a Chrysler outboard! You better be prepared to wrench on it and bust out that pocket book! :smile17:

Like always, I appreciate suggestions, gripes,and compliments. It will get better at some point, just depends on two workaholics to drop what they are doing and devote time to it.  :smile14: