Texas Mile

Devilman

I see the Texas Mile is going on this weekend. Has anybody from here ever gone out there?

Or better yet, run in it?

Devilman

Ya, me neither. I didn't realize it was every 2 years?

You know David Moeller(sp?) correct? He was working on putting that little black shortbox Chevy of his in it. Not sure if he ever got it rigged for it or not.

Devilman

Its held in Goliad, at a former U.S. Naval air strip. Basically, its how friggin fast can you go in a mile. A standing start, mile long run, & a half mile shut down area.. All different sorts of classes & what not.

Can read more about it here: www.texasmile.net for more details & pics & stuff....

Pretty wild... :cool:

jdeaton

I went a couple years ago.  A few cars ran 200, but the Hyabusa's were the trick to watch.  Several went over 200, cool looking with the little nitros bottle straped to the back.  Lots of RICH guys from Houston showed up with their BMW's and Porshe.  Lot's of Z06's, Ford GT's, Supercharged Vette's.  I advise anyone interested in speed to make this event.

Devilman

I just saw that in the paper this morning, back in March a man from LaPorte went 261 mph on an '08 Hayabusa...  :shocked:

Tim(CoolGlastron) may wanna get in on some of that.... :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
My friend over at Fastlane Motorsports went last year and said it was great! :smile30:

SlowRyd

We have talked about taking our '56 out there that runs a little over 190 in the quarter, but after evaluating how aerodynamically challenged that thing is I don't think it would be such a great idea to be trying to run deep 200s with no walls to act as a wind break or a crash break for that matter .

Disturbed

Devilman said:
I just saw that in the paper this morning, back in March a man from LaPorte went 261 mph on an '08 Hayabusa...  :shocked:

Tim(CoolGlastron) may wanna get in on some of that.... :smile16:

No thanks........  :smile20: :smile20: :smile20:  :smile28:

duanehydro

SlowRyd said:
We have talked about taking our '56 out there that runs a little over 190 in the quarter, but after evaluating how aerodynamically challenged that thing is I don't think it would be such a great idea to be trying to run deep 200s with no walls to act as a wind break or a crash break for that matter .

yes, I've heard they have crosswind concerns there at times... :smile20:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
SlowRyd said:
You could go air out that Camaro! :smile26:

SlowRyd

Patchman said:
SlowRyd said:

Yeah but I use public highways for that already!!!  Besides that Im puttin the new Jet boat motor together this weekend!!!!! :smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
SlowRyd said:
Patchman said:
SlowRyd said:

Yeah but I use public highways for that already!!!  Besides that Im puttin the new Jet boat motor together this weekend!!!!! :smile26:
Uh oh! That's good news! :smile30:

Devilman

Patchman said:

I just thought about that. My '81 Camaro came with a 2.56 rear end. She wasn't no slouch around town, but up on the big end was where she really layed it down. :evil:

Not that it would compete with anything out there I'm sure...

Miss that car....  :tongue:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I need to get my 55 ready! She burns up the road! :smile30:

Attachments

• DSC00198.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00217.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 77

Devilman

Patchman said:
I need to get my 55 ready! She burns up the road! :smile30:

Nice, dig the metalflake scallops...  :smile16: A couple of Skyliners showed up in the paper recently, 58 & a 59. Guess they are both Skyliners anyway...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Mine is a customline! I won an award at the Lonestar meet for outstanding rat rod! :grin:

C

CorDog009

I know a guy in Houston that took a RCSB Chevy with a single turbo 434 LSX that ran 198 in the mile. Fastest truck in the mile so far. Only thing was he spun almost the 1/4 mile with slicks. RCC in Houston has a new Z06 with a 434 I belive that has twin 78mm turbos, water/air intercooler..gettin close to 2000hp that wasn't done in time to make the mile. I Lambo Giarrdo flipped when his chute opened and cross winds ended up running him off the course and flipped the car several times. Destroyed it but he was ok. I'd like to take my 750 Gixxer down there and just see what it'd run. Gonna top it out when I get home soon...lookin for 170s atleast.