STEELE CREEK JULY 21, 2018

There is some interest in going to Steele Creek the weekend of the 21st in July. Which would put it well past the 4th of July weekend. So I was asked to make this information available for those who are interested and would like to come out and play.
Hope we have a great turnout.
Thank you

beaverfab

Neil if I ever get the Schiada back in the water I plan on being on the water every weekend we’re not racing till it gets too Cold.  crazy.gif

73 Sanger Flat

I believe Rocky , Neil , Trey and myself will be there , anyone else coming out ? Hope the water is still cool , looks like it going to be HOT ..

73 Sanger Flat

Really hot in an old truck with NO  AC ..  Boats are not going to run very well without tuning on them .. Oh well , make a pass or two and then sit in the water ..

73 Sanger Flat

Needing a impeller for a Neovane V-505 if anyone got one ..  JJ is looking for one so he can make it to Steel Creek Saturday .. I will check my V-Drive stuff tonight , but not sure if I have one ..

EOSpeed

I plan to leave the shop at 8. Get there by 10 and stay as long as I can. See you.
                                                  jump.gif

73 Sanger Flat

the Boat is fine , it is me .. We had a close call Saturday and did not want to air it out in public .. Need some time to process ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I'm glad no one was hurt, and everything went home in one piece.  :smile30:  Someone up there needs to take some pics of your outings. We can use the content here! :smile14:

73 Sanger Flat

here a couple of pictures  This is all I took . We had 12 go fast boats on the water plus the big boat on the end .. Had 3 boats come up from the Lake belton area also .. Fun but it was hot .. I need AC installed in my 68 Chevy

Attachments

• 20180721_074432.jpg
    20180721_074432.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 20180721_115018.jpg
    20180721_115018.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20180721_115134.jpg
    20180721_115134.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • FB_IMG_1532226076573.jpg
    FB_IMG_1532226076573.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 36

73 Sanger Flat

OK - Here is what happen Saturday - Maybe this will save some one from what almost happen .. I do not want anyone to do or say anything to the other boater ..It was just one of those thing that happen and will teach us a lesson from it ..

Did not want to air out to the world what happen Saturday at Steele Creek but I will share here .. I took James a ride , he owns the Blown Injected Alky jet boat .. I proceeded to do my normal and head toward the bluff to warm my boat up and show James how a V-Drive works .. We got out to the river part and I looked left and right and not one boat was around .. I proceeded to turn right and went about 1/2 way to the  bluffs and started to make my right hand U Turn and when I glance up , there was a  jet boat about ready to T-Bone us.  He might have been 5-7 feet away running 65-70 MPH with 4 people in his boat .. I stabbed the gas peddle and down pedal and made as sharp of a turn as I could and spun my boat out .. We slid so hard , it pulled my kill switch out .. I do not know how he did not run over us .. It just about gave me a heart attack .. James thought we were dead .. I had to sit out there for a few minutes to gather my composure before I could start the boat .. Once back at shore . The other boat  came up and took full responsibility for the close call .. He apologies 3 or 4 times .. Told me he just wanted to run up next to us .. He said he will never do that again .. I will take some responsibility for not double looking to make sure no one was there .-I almost killed James and myself and possible the other 4 people in the jet  boat .. My mind is playing hell with me on it and I can not shake it .. It scared the shit out of me and I can't quit thinking about what would have happen to us and then the consequences it would have on my family .. I need some time to get my head straight before I get back in the boat ..  I post this just to remind everyone out there to be CAREFUL ..  Billy

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Billy my advice to you is to chalk it up as a lesson. It is good that it rattled you and made you aware of how it went wrong. But the outcome shows that you had the focus to handle the situation properly. It's when we let our guard down the bad things happen. That door opened, and you closed it. Driving a commercial truck down the road with all the idiots out there, I also have had allot of close calls! Sometimes I have to pull over and settle down. My wife doesn't always seem to get it, but it happens. Everyone learned something that day, and don't let it eat you up. It's really like anything else you have ever learned. This lesson was a little more intense. That's how I have to look at those type of situations. If not, it will eat you up and that is no way to react to life's lessons! Just my $.02 my friend! :smile14: Boat on sir! :smile30: :smile30:

Devilman

I think it is good to share your experience. Serves as a good reminder how things can happen no matter how prepared we think we are and how fast a situation can arise. I know it's easier said than done, but I would try focusing on how things turned out rather than how they "could" have turned out. Thinking about the bad will drive you crazy. Everyone walked away & that is the main thing. Glad to read it wasn't any worse. Hang in there Billy. :smile17:

oldbuck40

Glad everything turned out like it did Billy. Could have been a lot worse. I think at one time or another we have all had that happen with a jet ski or boat. Shake it off and keep telling your self its just like driving in DFW area which I know you do everyday. Cant let your guard down brother.