Steele Creek is open

73 Sanger Flat

We are fine . House is just wet in the one room .. Just Thankful  this is all the damage we got  .. There is a lot of water Damage in Granbury .. Some of the roads are getting damaged and closed now around the Acton area ..

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks  .. It will all be OK .. We are lucky compared to some In Granbury right now .. It is still raining today .. I think maybe Sunday it might stop ..

oldbuck40

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Thanks  .. It will all be OK .. We are lucky compared to some In Granbury right now .. It is still raining today .. I think maybe Sunday it might stop ..
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=forrest+gump+rain&view=detail&mid=CB52185E37E3FE16DAA1CB52185E37E3FE16DAA1&FORM=VIRE

Sorry Bill but yea we came up 67 Tuesday and it was POURING!!!!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
We have had too much rain down here, fortunately we aren't flooding right now. Last week was another story! Hang in there Billy, and all you northerners! :smile20:

jimsplace

Patchman said:
We have had too much rain down here, fortunately we aren't flooding right now. Last week was another story! Hang in there Billy, and all you northerners! :smile20:

Hey, those are almost fighten' words in Texas to be called, "YOU NORTHERNERS."

(It's a joke)

oldbuck40

Patchman said:
Yea it sucks! Looking like Somerville is out again this summer too,lots of interesting pictures showing up on FB here and there of all the flooding! as of right now there is 82,937 cfs coming down the Brazos river Basin..thats a chit ton of water being dumped in the basin. I sure hate it for the folks way down south where it has nowhere to go.

73 Sanger Flat

The Governor was in Granbury yesterday and declared the county for emergency funds .. Hopefully today it will not rain as hard as it had been for the past week .. My 5 gallon rain gauge is almost full from this weeks rain ..

Chevy2184

Man you guys are absolutely getting hammered over their!! I hope this lets up pretty soon....

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
When I got into boating, I never thought I would be complaining about too much water! crazy.gif

Devilman

Shoot some of that rain & runoff from up the country is even making its way down here. We went to the river over the weekend & the smaller river that dumps in to the main river had all kinds of crap in it. Moved on past that up to where we normally hang out & you could see there was a bit of current so I guess they must have been letting some water out. Heck I may have picked up a mph or two on the ride back to the ramp, shoulda GPS'd it, lol! :grin:

jimsplace

Devilman said:
Shoot some of that rain & runoff from up the country is even making its way down here. We went to the river over the weekend & the smaller river that dumps in to the main river had all kinds of crap in it. Moved on past that up to where we normally hang out & you could see there was a bit of current so I guess they must have been letting some water out. Heck I may have picked up a mph or two on the ride back to the ramp, shoulda GPS'd it, lol! :grin:

You know the old saying, "MISERY LOVES COMPANY."  We Northerners are sharing the miserable excess water and crap that's in it.
    :smile16:

73 Sanger Flat

I went and looked at the river up from Granbury and it is flowing fast and I lot of crap in it .. I can not below people are out in this water with their boats and swimming in it  .. There is so much sewer water entering the river right now you can smell it .. We did have two good days of no rain this weekend and it is suppose to me dry all week .. Maybe in 3-4 weeks the water will clear back up ..
Also heard Kimbal Bend Bridge is closes for 2-3 weeks , that will not be good for the locals around there ..

Dry Dock

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
I went and looked at the river up from Granbury and it is flowing fast and I lot of crap in it .. I can not below people are out in this water with their boats and swimming in it  .. There is so much sewer water entering the river right now you can smell it .. We did have two good days of no rain this weekend and it is suppose to me dry all week .. Maybe in 3-4 weeks the water will clear back up ..
Also heard Kimbal Bend Bridge is closes for 2-3 weeks , that will not be good for the locals around there ..

Bridge closing video

http://www.wave3.com/story/32145152/state-highway-bridge-174-closed-in-preparation-of-flooding