Somerville, Tx

stud_rudd

Im plannin on heading to Somerville, Tx the weekend of the 28March. I want to do some jet boating and was wondering if anyone else would like to go out. Let me know Thanks

John

sorry ill be in mexico, but bert may be up for meeting ya there, what takes you to somerville?

stud_rudd

I had a friend that moved from mississippi to Texas so i wanted to go see her but the boating is priority if you know what i mean.  :grin:

firemanjim

Be careful around Rocky Creek park. I stopped in there Wednesday to check out the water level and the rocks that barely stick out the water by the first boat ramp now look like a 15 ft. radius island. The lake is pretty low but you should be fine if your careful and hang out more in the deeper water around the dam. Have fun  :smile15:

greaser

I have been known to run Somerville from time to time. I only live about 15 minutes from the lake. I was out there last weekend. If the weather is good, I can meet ya out there. The place to go is Welch Park.

pro53

Been known to go there  :rolleyes:
When can get away from all this work I have created for myself.  :grin:

greaser

pro53 said:

Just take a day off and get that boat wet fool.  :smile13: All those honey do's will still be there when you get back.

pro53

Greaser said:
pro53 said:

Just take a day off and get that boat wet fool.  :smile13: All those honey do's will still be there when you get back.
I will see what I can do for the 28th. That means I have to uncover it and clean it  :grin:

sturat

I wish I could get it wet by then but as it is I am going to be cutting it close for Colleto..  :smile21:

greaser

pro53 said:
Greaser said:
pro53 said:

I will see what I can do for the 28th. That means I have to uncover it and clean it  :grin:

Cool deal!

stud_rudd

taylormanss said:
come to coleto in april :smile15: where are you at? pascagoula?
\

Im in gulfport. April sounds nice. Maybe I should just reschedule. But since im writing here i do have a question. I started up the boat today and it started making a hissing sound. i let it idle for a few and it went away. I didnt think much of it and it ran like a champ. when i took it oiut of the water and cleaned it a hose had come off. Ok now here is what im wondering. there is a hose that comes from my valve cover to a "t" then 2 hoses go from the "t" to the ass(s) of the carbs. Do you know what it is for?

Devilman

Vacuum secondary carbs?

Like they said, bring it to Colet in April if you're able, we'll get it figured out one way or another. :grin:

stud_rudd

I talked to my grandpa... he is a big ford guy. He said it was for the vaccuum. As ya'll can tell i dont know a lot about engines. I pretty much know nothing. Ive admired hotboats for a while now and i finally saved enough money to buy one. I guess i will just learn as i go. Thanks guys  :grin:

greaser

stud_rudd said:
taylormanss said:
come to coleto in april :smile15: where are you at? pascagoula?
\

Im in gulfport. April sounds nice. Maybe I should just reschedule. But since im writing here i do have a question. I started up the boat today and it started making a hissing sound. i let it idle for a few and it went away. I didnt think much of it and it ran like a champ. when i took it oiut of the water and cleaned it a hose had come off. Ok now here is what im wondering. there is a hose that comes from my valve cover to a "t" then 2 hoses go from the "t" to the A$$(s) of the carbs. Do you know what it is for?

Sounds to me like it a pcv valve, crank case evac.

Post a pic.

edit......Randal beat me to it.

pro53

Hey Bert you still comming down Sat.? Guess will meet ya around noon? Will give ya a buzz during the week. Anybody else gonna be around there?