Somerville Gathering Sept 14 + 15

Drumzilla

So John Gomez messaged me that the Somerville thingy is still a go at Yegua...

Who's all coming ?

Devilman

I did find a post about it, said that camping is at Yegua, but have to launch the boats at Overlook... Weather should be good for it. :smile17:

TexasJet

I did and will post them. Friday night was a smaller then usual crowd. Six jets in the water. The lake is down to full pool and surprisingly cool for this time of the year. It was beautiful cruising around Friday afternoon and evening. Saturday there is a big bass tourney with 80+ boats so Overlook is going to be crowded. I may launch at Welch since Yegua ramp is closed. 

We expect more boats Saturday. Black said a lot are just coming for the day. Beautiful weather so far.

Attachments

• 20190913_180052.jpg
    20190913_180052.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • 20190913_180127.jpg
    20190913_180127.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
  • 20190913_180010.jpg
    20190913_180010.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
  • 20190913_180018.jpg
    20190913_180018.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 103

Devilman

Crazy, this is the first one weve missed since it started. Kinda bummed to be missing it, just didn't know about it in time to make it work with everything we've had going on. I knew thats how this summer was gonna be though.

What happened to the ramp at Yegua?

Don

Devilman said:
Crazy, this is the first one weve missed since it started. Kinda bummed to be missing it, just didn't know about it in time to make it work with everything we've had going on. I knew thats how this summer was gonna be though.

What happened to the ramp at Yegua?
Game warden is the only one we've seen using the ramp at Yegua

TexasJet

This turned out to be the camping trip from hell from my physical perspective. I bought 18 breakfast tacos from a place i use all the time. Ate 2 Saturday morning and immediately started to feel nauseous. It got worse and by 3 pm I was having my gut out. Felt a little better for awhile but got worse in the evening. Feaver and chills and sweats all at the same time. Missed all the fun Saturday nite. I felt much better this morning and was able to get the boat and camper home. I haven't been that sick in 20 years.  Not counting the triple bypass.

Don

A couple of pics from Saturday

Attachments

• somerville 9.14.jpg
    somerville 9.14.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
  • Somerville 914.jpg
    Somerville 914.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 97

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics guys! Glad you are feeling better Jeff! That would be a terrible deal for sure. :smile25:

Devilman

Yep, what I figured, nice ass day out there. Way more fun than what I was doing, lol :grin:

That sux Jeff, food poisoning can be a bitch. Nice that it didn't linger any longer than it did.

Wakemaker

First one I've missed in a long time.  I wish someone would have let me know about it.  I was trying to figure out when in September it was going to be but I never could get a definite date.  If I would have known I might have even been able to bring a boat this year.  Maybe someone will meet up at Somerville again this season or even this year, hell I'll go on Thanksgiving weekend if it's warm and there isn't a lot of wind.  Anyone interested give me a call. 972-754-9253

Attachments

• 20190625_202322.jpg
    20190625_202322.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83

Devilman

Ya I hear ya... turns out the info was all on FB this time.  We missed it too but don't think we would have made it even if we knew about it. So you got your boat going again? Thats great man, I know it's been awhile.  clap.gif