Somerville 05/17

TexasJet

If all goes as planned the CP will be making her maiden voyage with the new motor. I plan on launching around 1:30 at Overlook. I hope to see some of you all out there. In case I need a tow.  :smile28:

Knotty Girl

TexasJet said:
If all goes as planned the CP will be making her maiden voyage with the new motor. I plan on launching around 1:30 at Overlook. I hope to see some of you all out there. In case I need a tow.  :smile28:

Today?

TexasJet

Knotty said:
TexasJet said:

Today?

Subject line reads as follows: Somerville 05/17  think.gif

Drumzilla

Humm.. been trying for two weeks now. last weekend didn't work out and it's been pretty windy so I think I'll give it a try. maybe the wind will die down.

Oh and I have a good tow rope and some oars.. usually in a jet(or v-drive) it's not a matter of if you need a tow, just when...   
                                          :smile30:

TexasJet

If the wind is from the Southeast or Southwest there is plenty of calm water on the South side of the lake. Like last Saturday, it was really blowing from the S/E but there was plenty of calm water.

jdeaton

I did have Plan B sold, but I was regretting the sale, even before it was finalized.  With the delay to show the boat at the lake, brought on by weather, the buyer and I had ample time to talk.  This would have been his first jet boat and he was an older gentleman, with health issues, and being the honest person I am, I convinced him that this large boat, might be too much for him to load and off load on the trailer.  Since announcing the failed sale to my family, I have been inundated with encouragement to keep Plan B.  Soooo, the blower motor in the Liberator will take a little longer, but I want to do it right, and on budget. clap.gif clap.gif 

TexasJet

Joe at Owens side I should be able to pick the boat up Thursday night. I'll believe it when I'm driving home with it.

jdeaton

Bad!  I don't blame anyone for not showing up.  I was out there hugging the beach line in Plan B and it was still choppy!

TexasJet

I got to Owens and 9:30 Saturday morning. Left, with the BOAT COMPLETE  jump.gif around 5:30. Went home had a little dinner and started working on all the finger prints on the chrome and aluminum. Finished that around 9:00 with the help of a Jack and coke in a big gulp cup. Took a shower and went to bed.

Sunday, up at 8:00. Wash boat and trailer. Hit Overlook launch ramp before 2:00. Kuntz, Mike (Central Texas Jets) and Black will meet me.

Sorry I missed Saturday but it ain't like I was layin' around doin' notthin'!  :smile28: