Small Block 350

KONA77

need a bit of info,  I'm helping a friend with his small block,  I need to know what spring pressure to use with this cam,

CS XR 270 HR -10

CAM SPECS;  INT  EXH
ADV DUR.    270  276

DUR@  .050;  218  224        LOBE SEP 110

VALVE LIFT    .495  .502

CAM IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER

he's got some heads that are double springed,  and looking at another set also

do not know the spring pressure of them as of yet,  but I'm looking for a info

ChryslerJet

That's a small lift cam should not need the double springs that would be overkill.

I don't have a clue on the spring pressure but should be moderate with that cam.  IMHO a good set of stock springs would work as long as they are not worn out abused POS's

oldbuck40

KONA said:
need a bit of info,  I'm helping a friend with his small block,  I need to know what spring pressure to use with this cam,

CS XR 270 HR -10

CAM SPECS;  INT  EXH
ADV DUR.    270  276

VALVE LIFT    .495  .502

CAM IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER

Comp book says use spring kit 986-16 (2) requires machining on heads seat load is 132@1.750 open load is 280@1.250    Rate (lbs./in.)296

Disturbed

ChryslerJet said:
That's a small lift cam should not need the double springs that would be overkill.

I don't have a clue on the spring pressure but should be moderate with that cam.  IMHO a good set of stock springs would work as long as they are not worn out abused POS's

Negative.  That's a pretty healthy little cam.  The lift and duration are right on the requirement boarder line. 

Disturbed

oldbuck40 said:
KONA said:

CS XR 270 HR -10

CAM SPECS;  INT  EXH
ADV DUR.    270  276

VALVE LIFT    .495  .502

CAM IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER

Comp book says use spring kit 986-16 (2) requires machining on heads seat load is 132@1.750 open load is 280@1.250    Rate (lbs./in.)296
Sounds good!  clap.gif

KONA77

DISTURBED said:
oldbuck40 said:
KONA said:

CS XR 270 HR -10

CAM SPECS;  INT  EXH
ADV DUR.    270  276

VALVE LIFT    .495  .502

CAM IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER

Sounds good!  clap.gif

that's what a found at summit,  now it looks like I can compare that to what he has, and maybe they will work,  getting some good info,  but CJ go work on your boat

oldbuck40

KONA said:
DISTURBED said:
oldbuck40 said:
KONA said:

CS XR 270 HR -10

CAM SPECS;  INT  EXH
ADV DUR.    270  276

VALVE LIFT    .495  .502

CAM IS HYDRAULIC ROLLER

Sounds good!  clap.gif

that's what a found at summit,  now it looks like I can compare that to what he has, and maybe they will work,  getting some good info,  but CJ go work on your boat
clap.gif if you need any other info outta that old book i got just holler,,its got tons of stuff listed in there,,course its probably on line but who knows?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
When it came to production heads for that sbc, I think there for awhile people were using the Vortecs. Should be pretty cheap by now. :smile30: