Shop talk

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
clap.gif clap.gif 

And that second picture...Steve whos shop is that ?  WAY to clean to be yours.... :smile26: :smile16:
It's a Warehouse he uses as a shop! :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
A 'No Shit' 409.  Pretty cool man!
I about had a heart attack last week breaking it in. I had it running to break in camshaft, and was adjusting the distributor when I heard the engine change rpm on it's own. As I walked back over to the driver's side of the car, I noticed a large puddle under the car. So I immediately shut it down. Found it was oil leaking out the side of the block on the driver's side right behind the motor mount. Upon inspection, I discovered a small red plastic plug laying under the car. It was just the right size to plug the hole where the oil was spewing. Apparently the machine shop lost an oil plug, and insterted a plastic plug in it's place. Then they painted the motor and never put a metal plug back in. So during my break in period, the paint decided to give up. Almost ran the new 409 out of oil! :smile20:
I told him there is a reason I am particular about my machine shops. He used a guy I don't know.  crazy.gif

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
A 'No Shit' 409.  Pretty cool man!
I about had a heart attack last week breaking it in. I had it running to break in camshaft, and was adjusting the distributor when I heard the engine change rpm on it's own. As I walked back over to the driver's side of the car, I noticed a large puddle under the car. So I immediately shut it down. Found it was oil leaking out the side of the block on the driver's side right behind the motor mount. Upon inspection, I discovered a small red plastic plug laying under the car. It was just the right size to plug the hole where the oil was spewing. Apparently the machine shop lost an oil plug, and insterted a plastic plug in it's place. Then they painted the motor and never put a metal plug back in. So during my break in period, the paint decided to give up. Almost ran the new 409 out of oil! :smile20:
I told him there is a reason I am particular about my machine shops. He used a guy I don't know.  crazy.gif

Holy crap!  Me and the machine shop would have a discussion. 

customtouch

Made a little upgrade to the shop. Still lack three of the grills (they are on backorder) but it is much better in there now!!

Attachments

• 2018-09-20 11.38.29.jpg
    2018-09-20 11.38.29.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • 2018-09-20 11.39.31.jpg
    2018-09-20 11.39.31.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 32

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice, I have always thought about putting a/c in mine. Problem is I am usually there for a couple of hours then gone. I have been using a swamp cooler, and it is a big help. A/c would be awesome! clap.gif clap.gif

Devilman

A/c in the shop would be pretty sweet. We almost always have a breeze blowing at the property at least so open doors and maybe a fan is about all my checkbook can handle, lol.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That's one of my retirement goals. A/c in the shop when I can actually spend some time out there. :smile14:

customtouch

Patchman said:
That's one of my retirement goals. A/c in the shop when I can actually spend some time out there. :smile14:

Bingo!!  Another thing crossed off the bucket list for me!!! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

jimsplace

Patchman said:
Nice, I have always thought about putting a/c in mine. Problem is I am usually there for a couple of hours then gone. I have been using a swamp cooler, and it is a big help. A/c would be awesome! clap.gif clap.gif

Have you considered a Mini-Split HVAC? 
Super easy to install and relativity inexpensive, plus it's quiet.
I used a Port-a-Cool (Swamp Cooler) for a number of years  and it helped.  Shop needs to have something to draw air through the shop or the humidity will build up.  It worked good when the humidity outside was low.

Mini-Split doesn't require any duct work.  Inside unit hangs on wall and a small outside unit.
One of my better investments.
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The only time I am in there with the doors closed is in the winter time. So a/c really isn't practical for the moment. I'm always working on all kinds of stuff. Got a couple of commercial trucks that I am banging around on at the moment. One does not fit all the way in through the door! crazy.gif The Torino I was working on, belongs to an a/c guy. He has all kinds of options. I said just show me the money for now! :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Another day in my other office! First load down, 60 more to go! crazy.gif

Attachments

• 20181116_143448.jpg
    20181116_143448.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 58

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
:smile17:

Attachments

• 20181028_163731.jpg
    20181028_163731.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20181028_163720.jpg
    20181028_163720.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 30

Devilman

Patchman said:
Yes sir, that is Hi-Line Boat and RV! :smile16:

Doesn't look like the same place. Guess cause its all been shredded down, or maybe just cause it's winter. Seemed like it was a lot more wooded along that road and around the entrance.

Either way, good deal. Nice to be able to make some progress with it. How far you have to go to get the material you're hauling in?