Seriously.... WTF

Sharkbit

So I went to get the battery charger out of the boat. I had left it there since the Tawakoni Regatta. Discovered somebody needed the boat battery more than I did.

They had to pull the cover, lift the engine cover, cut the battery cables. Then they put the cover back on. All to steal a battery that's at least 10 years old. I mean really... the battery was way old when I bought the boat originally.

And get this, the morons didn't even take the battery charger that was sitting RIGHT NEXT to the battery. I don't really care that much about the battery but what really gets my goat is that there in the boat to begin with.

PS. I hate people.

Sharkbit

Last Mohican said:
Fuckin thieves.

Woot.com has a 4 camera infrared DVR for $100 today.

That's not bad, but does not come with a HDD. I have seen a 4 camera, 500gb dvr for 229 I'm thinking about grabbing.

KONA77

thieves = 30-06 between the eyes  :smile16:

just think if they could put that much effort in a really job,  but that won't happen as long as.... well we all know  think.gif

Sharkbit

I really think it's the same person. I mean I live in a pretty decent area and I've had stuff stolen 3 times now. With a camera maybe I could nab and put an end to it.

The real suck would have been going to the lake only to find out the battery is gone. :doh:

Between repairing and a camera system... that's half a diverter damn it.

WAFOBABY

Guess that one good thing about living in the country.  Sorry to hear that Chad  the last boat that my brother and Dad bougtht the guy had 5 cameras on his house thinking he might be a DOPE head LOL I asked him about them and so he showed me that he has the app to his phone and it sends him a text and a pic when someone crosses the line onto his property thought it was cool as chit.  AND NO HE WASNT A DOPE HEAD Just has had alot of stuff stolen.    Chad maybe you should tie that DOG you have up to the boat and you wont have to worry about a dam thing getting taken  :smile30:

blazeracer

That sucks man. Damn thieves..... Hopefully they enjoy that 10 year old battery.

I always wonder if I'm going to come out one day and my carb is gone or something. We've had two GPS's stolen right out of our driveway when Maria forgot to lock her (previous) car. The Tahoe has Onstar, good luck stealing that. Our little dog stays outside unless it's storming and she makes a hell-u-va racket if anyone comes around. I also have auto lights on the driveway that come on if someone get in the IR area.

Right now Batt. are a hat comatie and are stilling them out of tractors farm equip. etc. don't know what they do with them though! think.gif sale them i guess!

spd500

Scrap value on lead is really high right now , they don't care if its new or old they sell it for scrap metal .

veestyle

sorry for your battery loss. time for camera system. motion light should deter alot of them thugs.

What about a electric fence power supply attached to your rub rail to zap even those nosy little teenagers??

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Someone was telling me batteries are worth $10.00 each for scrap. All that effort for $10.00. crazy.gif

77Jet Star

Patchman said:
Someone was telling me batteries are worth $10.00 each for scrap. All that effort for $10.00. crazy.gif
"Righteous bucks dude"    :smile16:    I hate a thief though :smile15:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Sharkbit said:
Last Mohican said:
Fuckin thieves.

Woot.com has a 4 camera infrared DVR for $100 today.

That's not bad, but does not come with a HDD. I have seen a 4 camera, 500gb dvr for 229 I'm thinking about grabbing.

Drive not included but you can get a 500 GB SATA drive for less than $129. Little late now. That deal was only yesterday.

blazeracer

Here's a complete 4 camera 500gb system from Sears with free ground shipping for $200......

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3181318902P?sid=IDx20070921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=SPM6014579202

Comes with 3G mobile live! Preview so you can check your cameras when you're away from home on your smart phone.

Knotty Girl

I had $6000 of tools stole from me last Thanksgiving.  Three trailers stole and 2 horses killed, and one cow shot.  Just one time I would like to catch one of those trolls.  Of course I would be the one thrown in jail.  :smile15: