scoop covers

TBendCondor

My boat has one of those tall fiberglass scoops, i cant seem to locate a cover for it, does anyone know where to  buy one ?

txliberator

I fab'd mine. I don't have any pics but I'll get one if you like. I used 1/8" thick aluminum and glued seat foam to the back side for a snug fit.

Devilman

Good idea with the aluminum & seat foam. A person could then do some custom metal or paintwork on it if they wanted. Or just polish the shitt out of it.  :cheesy: :cool:

I have seen some folks roll into the campground using one of those big carwash sponges, wouldn't want to do that in rainy weather though. :grin:

I agree with the above post ive made all mine but I used thick plastic with seat foam from hobby lobby then paint it and put one of your favorite stickers on it! Works great! Here is a pic

hurry.gif
Knotty said:
What hose do you have laying on top of your header.  think.gif

Oh that was when I was doing the header install and its the water exit for the motor! Had.to reroute a bunch of stuff.for the threw headers!

customtouch

I have not built one, but I like Mike S idea of plastic or plexiglas instead of aluminum. I would think it would be less likely to damage the paint on the scoop.

Trigger

I need one bad. Gotta hit the upholstery shop soon I guess. Unless any of you have a better idea? I'm out on any aluminum covers though. Tell me exactly how that works or post a pic of it. Sometimes I do better with pictures.  crazy.gif

Trigger

Sorry, didn't see there was a whole page of discussion until after I posted. It's been a long day. I need one for a hat.

Trigger

Back in the day everybody used shower caps. I gues that's the difference between "redneck" and "ghetto". One has elastic. :grin: