Saturday 19th, Toledo Bend

TBendCondor

Went up to Toledo Bend Saturday to check out my boat (again). Ran like a champ, until the new Holley fuel pump quit !!!!    Gotta laugh, found out you can paddle a jet boat !!!  Lots of fishermen staring at my rooster tail......Found out when i got to work today why there were so many boats...McDonalds bass tournament !!!!    gotta love it

Becket

TBendCondor said:
Went up to Toledo Bend Saturday to check out my boat (again). Ran like a champ, until the new Holley fuel pump quit !!!!    Gotta laugh, found out you can paddle a jet boat !!!  Lots of fishermen staring at my rooster tail......Found out when i got to work today why there were so many boats...McDonalds bass tournament !!!!    gotta love it
Makin friends quick ain't ya!  clap.gif

vdrivenman

any idea where Texas island is?? supossed to be the south end of the lake and TB's = of snake island! 

where to launch & how to get there?

TBendCondor

vdrivenman said:
any idea where Texas island is?? supossed to be the south end of the lake and TB's = of snake island! 

where to launch & how to get there?
yes, there is a launch on Hwy 255 on the very south end. You can go to Burkeville on Hwy 87, when you get to the 4way stop take a right on Hwy 63, go over the hill and take a left on FM 692, 14 miles to Hwy 255, take a left and go about 3/4 mile, public boat ramp sign on the right.
692 is a very curvy road. If you want , stay on 87 for 9 more miles and take a right on 255, the 14 miles to the ramp. 
When you launch at the ramp and go out of that cove, your on Toledo Bay (big water)  Look to your left (north) there is a boat lane about 1/2 mile out that goes north. You can see Texas island as soon as you leave the ramp.  Its a big island. There is a beach on the north end, but lots of boats are in a small cove on the mainland to the left of the boat lane where it goes past the Island. Nice place.  If you go around the corner following the boat lane, there are some big coves to the left that have sand bars also.

Zoom in on google earth, and you can see the island the river is just to the east of it

vdrivenman

thanks for he info.been trying to locate the island for a couple years. ill print the info once i get home(working an exra job watching for copper theives)and keep it in truck for next trip up..how are fish & game on OT headers?

TBendCondor

Not sure about the Game wardens, I emailed Sabine River authority about headers. They said there were no rules about noise or speed on Toledo. Used to be a lot of jets and such, not too many anymore. The wardens will check you for safety equipment though.

Another good place to launch is Paradise Point. If you stay on 87 through Burkeville, pass 255 then go another 7 miles there about. Fm 3315 Takes a right. Go about 7 miles and  you will see the Big sign on the right. Paradise Point Park  (paradisepointpark.com) .
If you put in there, Texas Island is to the South East, about 2-3 miles, you can see it.