San Antonio Area Jet Boat Mechanic

sleek460

Is it a ford ?? if so , buy a new starter, got stuck on Placid last weekend with same problem !! If it's battery, call me, I might be able to help. 210 861 7681. Nick.

73 Sanger Flat

When I had my only jet boat , it had a 460 FORD in it , I carried a spare starter with me in the boat so I could change it in the water if I had to . It would go out about three times a year .. Bought lifetime starter and just told them it was on my old Pick up when I had to get it replaced again . 

The problem was  the water in the bottom of the boat would get up in the stater nose cone and wash the nose bearing out and then it would start dragging really bad .

emersonclay

Well... it SEEMS like its a battery problem...  but i had both my batts tested and charged and its still making the same noise...

when i try to turn it over, it just clicks..

so i went to try to take the starter out, and one of the 3 screws keeping it on, was stripped to all hell, and its the one in the back..

so it's past my realm now. i have no way to get that out, not even really sure what to do where to go next..

on top of that.. i am getting married in 2 weeks, moving houses, starting a new company.. i just dont have time..

anyone offer any help.. ???

boat is located by MacAlister Park, off jones Maltsberger and thousand oaks on the North central side of SA..

clay - 210-240-6334

PS... BBC 454 engine

emersonclay

Bats are good had them both tested AND charged at an autozone. Bat connections look/seem good. When i turn the key to the on position, the fuel pump fires up... so it seeeems like its getting juice..  at a loss here....

bat. connections are good right .................the wire that goes from the bat. to starter and the black wire that is grounded to the motor?  If they are good then it will help to see if your bat's are give'n good voltage  when crank'n............turn key look at volt meter gauge and see if it drops below 9V , if it does then your starter may not be the prob. :smile12: might just be some shorted cells in the bat.  ...................usually happens to bats when you leave something on along time to drain them down all the way................if you need help just go to autozone they can check out everything  starter , alt , and bats :smile15: and by the way there is only 2 bolts that hold the starter on the block :huh:
[/quote]

emersonclay

COONASS said:
emersonclay said:
Bats are good had them both tested AND charged at an autozone. Bat connections look/seem good. When i turn the key to the on position, the fuel pump fires up... so it seeeems like its getting juice..  at a loss here....      bat. connections are good right .................the wire that goes from the bat. to starter and the black wire that is grounded to the motor?  If they are good then it will help to see if your bat's are give'n good voltage  when crank'n............turn key look at volt meter gauge and see if it drops below 9V , if it does then your starter may not be the prob. :smile12: might just be some shorted cells in the bat.  ...................usually happens to bats when you leave something on along time to drain them down all the way................if you need help just go to autozone they can check out everything  starter , alt , and bats :smile15: and by the way there is only 2 bolts that hold the starter on the block :huh:
  sale your boat and get a go cart ..................it doesn't have a bat. :smile23: :smile23:  your fuel pump has nothing to do with the voltage going to the starter...........unless you have one bad A$$ fuel pump like at the gas station :smile20:  I guess'n you are right you need to find a mech. :smile23:

anyone ever tell you that you're halrious?  :rolleyes: