Rock tamers towtectors, etc.

John

does any one have any opinions on the removable mudflap hitch accessory, looking at several  brands and was trying to see if any one has had used them or had any thoughts on them?

wish i could get them with Yosemite sam on them or some naked chrome ladies on them....

Devilman

Marty had some sort of flap set up that went on his receiver. Don't know what brand it was, but he said it worked pretty good. I'll find a pic for ya.

Why not just put you some flaps on the truck, then you could have your nekkid ladies or yosemite sams. :grin:

John

Devilman said:
Marty had some sort of flap set up that went on his receiver. Don't know what brand it was, but he said it worked pretty good. I'll find a pic for ya.

Why not just put you some flaps on the truck, then you could have your nekkid ladies or yosemite sams. :grin:

i dont feel like i wan to commit to that on a full time basis.....

Devilman

John said:
i dont feel like i wan to commit to that on a full time basis.....

aw c'mon mannn.  :grin:

I don't know if this is the exact one Marty had, but it was very similar. Went on & off pretty easy.... until you are ready to go full time. :cheesy:

ROCK_TAMERS.jpg

Disturbed

Trey has a setup on his Toyota that looks like a street sweeper.  Don't know if it really helps but, he puts it on religiously.

duanehydro

I'm considering the rock tamers too. Can't find any decent quality standard flaps for mine.... think.gif

John

Tim the brush looking ones i think are the towtector brand, Ive read that the don't stop the big rocks as well, thats off the internet so who knows if it is true,

Duane, Amazon was the cheapest i found (216), went ahead and pulled the trigger so i had enough time for the slow free shipping, instead of paying 28 buck shipping

oldbuck40

This is what i have been using for several years and love em! http://mudflaps.com/c-164367-mud-flaps-by-style-more-categories-rubber-mud-flaps-roadmaster-road-wing.html

Devilman

John said:
Tim the brush looking ones i think are the towtector brand, Ive read that the don't stop the big rocks as well, thats off the internet so who knows if it is true,

I saw/read the same thing when I had to put flaps on the moho. Also read where you don't want them actually touching the ground as it could kick up road debris. I ended up making my own out of conveyor belt material, them sumbiches will last forever.

duanehydro

I know my tires on the truck are rock-picking-up mofos....and they sling out at about 50mph...so far I've been real lucky..no chips on the trailer or boat...yet. :smile15:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I put those Husky Plastic flaps on my Dually. I guess they work good! think.gif I have some for a single rear wheel Ford if someone needs them! :smile30:

duanehydro

Patchman said:
I put those Husky Plastic flaps on my Dually. I guess they work good! think.gif I have some for a single rear wheel Ford if someone needs them! :smile30:
do they have some type of brackets? ther's nothing really to bolt them to.... :smile21:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
They screw into the inner wheel well. Been on my truck for four years now and no problem.  :smile30: