RIP Rusty Mccree

Crusader

I was just notified by Bill Davis and Neil Westerlund that a long time, old timer Texas hot-boater Rusty Mccree passed away this morning about 10:00am from the stomach cancer. He was still active in hotboating as recently as a few weeks ago at the Plowmans event.

RIP Brother.

73 Sanger Flat

I will miss you my Friend .. Rest in Peace

Attachments

• rusty san angelo.jpg
    rusty san angelo.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 136
  • Rusty.jpg
    Rusty.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 145

jimsplace

That's sad.
Rusty was everyones friend and I believe would do anything for a fellow boater.
I liked Rusty and find it hard to believe he's gone so soon.
I will miss him.

:smile18:

Disturbed

Very hard to believe.  I saw him last fall at Steele Creek.  We spoke at great lengths about the SDBA and racing in general.  Super Nice guy.  RIP.

73 Sanger Flat

It is hard to believe that Rusty is gone .. We had became very good friends over the years .. We would talk at least once a week on the phone or over at his shop .. I will miss him calling me "Billy Boy " every time he called or seen me . He was a GOOD GUY ..

Rest in peace my Friend .. Until we meet again on some smooth glassy water and getting our Flat-Bottoms'  to take a set and running them out the back door.  I will miss you Rusty .. :smile18:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-03-11-07-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-03-11-07-44.png
    1 MB · Views: 91
  • Billy and Rusty.jpg
    Billy and Rusty.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Rusty and me.jpg
    Rusty and me.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 61

73 Sanger Flat

Rusty Funeral will be Sunday May 21st at 2:00 PM at Dido Cemetery off of Boat Club Road this by Eagle Mountain Lake
..I dint know the address yet .. Then a Memorial for him Saturday June 3rd at 2:00 PM in Granbury off of Hwy 51 and Little Road  .. This is North of Granbury ..

Knotty Girl

I was not around him much, but the times I did visit with him he was very enjoyable to be around. RIP, prayers for his family

73 Sanger Flat

Douglas Eugene ‘Rusty’ McRee
May 17, 2017
[/color][/size]

Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter
[/size]
[/size]

Douglas Eugene “Rusty” McRee, 62, of Granbury died Wednesday, May 3, 2017, at home with his family. He was diagnosed with cancer only two weeks before.
Service: 2 p.m. Sunday, May 21, 2017, at Dido Cemetery in Dido.
Rusty was born Jan. 20, 1955, in Fort Worth. He enjoyed life and was a drag boat racing fan.
He is survived by two children, Derrell Smith and Singleton McLaughlin; sister Jackie Smith and several nieces and nephews.

jimsplace

After reading Rusty's Obituary I have to say, I don't think of Rusty being a fan of boat racing, but more as a dedicated boat racer.
I've known Rusty quite a while and he was always enthusiastic about race boats and the races.  He would always help anyone, anytime he could and he loved racing.

I came to know Rusty about the time I got my Cole.  He was part of a group of dedicated racers, one of which owned my boat. 
I wanted the boat, but wanted a different engine than it had.  Rusty bought my engine, making it so that I was into the Cole at the price I wanted to be in it.

The engine had just been rebuilt and I have always though he got a good deal, and I got what I wanted.  It was a win - win for both of us.
We may not have spent a lot of time together, but when we were it was fun.  He was always fun to be around.
    :smile18: