RAISE THE HONDO

pro53

Well heard about a vdrive that surfaced after the water went down in Somerville. Me being a Junkard as I am :grin: Rounded up some fellow THB members and headed down there. Plan of attack, float the boat and bring home for yard art  :grin: Well we find the vdrive at our favorite Cove at Rocky Creek just by the mouth of the cove on the beach. What a Pile  :grin: Damn thing had to been sunk since the early 80's :grin: Still had the key in the ignition and a ski rope hooked and a a single ski by the boat. Well, we access the situation with a frosty beverage the dig in with the shovels  :grin: After tons of sand and many hours and could only get the damn thing to move about an inch. We give up  :rolleyes: Well I did bring home one alum. tank with barnicles  :grin: and a good fiberglass seat shell. The other still is good, could not get out  :grin: The floors in the boat sure was nice looking. Could not find any vin #s. I belive it is a hondo. The cap and the trim is identical to my old one and the lines. Boat was gloss black with a gold metal flake trim with wood grain trim. Somebody pulled the dash plate off recently because you could see the wood grain behind it.

pro53

:grin: :grin: :grin:    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The box still went in and out on the handle  :grin:

Attachments

• 072.JPG
    072.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 121

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
What a blast. Had a great time with everyone! I think if we could have got all the sand out of the bow, she would be setting on your trailer rite now! :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
No, but there was a plug still in what was left of the steering wheel. think.gif

Devilman

Looks like a helluva time. :smile16: Wish we coulda been there. Shoveling out the bow, sounds like a backbreacker....

Anybody come around & ask what ya'll were up to or anything?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Looks like a helluva time. :smile16: Wish we coulda been there. Shoveling out the bow, sounds like a backbreacker....

Anybody come around & ask what ya'll were up to or anything?
Nope! I think they would rather see it gone. Had allot of misc. fishing gear on it here and there. :smile27:

well how the hell did it end up where it was? with the plug in? must have took a roller over the back, guessing you guys got all the water out right? just too heavy to move?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not far from a boat ramp. It did have a splash shield on it at one time. We got the water out, but didn't have good enough access to the bow to get all the sand out. With a few more tools, it would not still be there.

pro53

Cant get the trailer to it. Its heavy for sure. Still has alot of nice stainless hardware on the cavplates. If it would have floated I had the my flatbead trailer to  put it on.

pro53

soldier of fortune said:
you dont have a flatty trailer? you gonna screw up the running gear by doing it that way.
Its junk anyway, all rusted out, the block even had a rust hole

the driveshaft,and the skegs aint steel, how far down is the water? what i mean is it's a wonder that no one ever hit that boat, with it sitting where it is.

Devilman

Patchman said:
Nope! I think they would rather see it gone. Had allot of misc. fishing gear on it here and there. :smile27:

Ya I'd imagine so, lol... Did ya'll cruise & go see those other ones? I guess that old slalom ski was gone... :grin:

pro53

Devilman said:
Patchman said:

Ya I'd imagine so, lol... Did ya'll cruise & go see those other ones? I guess that old slalom ski was gone... :grin:
Na it was still sitting there