push rods

jdeaton

Bought Aluminum heads to replace the Iron heads, How do I check the geometry (push rod length) to know if the old push rods will work?  Please anyone but Henry reply. :smile26:

Chevy2184

My set up with iron block and aluminum heads used a comp cams

7742  8.25
7941  9.25

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Disturbed

DiamondJim said:
Bought Aluminum heads to replace the Iron heads, How do I check the geometry (push rod length) to know if the old push rods will work?  Please anyone but Henry reply. :smile26:

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

jdeaton

Done, ordered the checker and viewed the video, I'll probably not need new push rods because these heads are direct replacement for my Iron heads.  :smile27:

jimsplace

DiamondJim said:
Done, ordered the checker and viewed the video, I'll probably not need new push rods because these heads are direct replacement for my Iron heads.  :smile27:

:smile21: 
Don't you know that nothing seems to be a direct replacement in a boat?
My only direct replacements seems to be fuel and oil.
  Good luck.
        :smile17:

Knotty Girl

DiamondJim said:

What is this pick on 'ol Henry day.  think.gif

Disturbed

Knotty said:
DiamondJim said:

That's every day.  :smile30: :smile16: :smile14:

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:
DiamondJim said:

That's every day.  :smile30: :smile16: :smile14:

:smile28:

jdeaton

Yep! Working on a 70 Chevelle, but a motor is a motor, is a motor.

I was just kidding Henry, but I was told we pick on Henry on days with a D in them!    :smile30:

jdeaton

No I'm just trying to make an eye appealing street cruiser.  We went to Cruising the Coast this year, and I am hooked!  Never in my life have I seen so many Hot Rods.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Look into the Hotrod Power tour. We have participated in it three times, and I really want to do it again! :smile17:

Devilman

When we went to Tennessee a couple years ago, we unexpectedly timed it when they were having the springtime Pigeon Forge Rod Run... I tell ya, we didn't even make it to the auditorium for the actual show, but I don't think I have ever seen more hotrods/customs in one place. The main drag thru town had to be at least 2 miles long & it was packed with hotrods both sides of the street from one end to the other. People cruising them up & down, etc... Awesome sight for sure.

make sure & keep us updated with your Chevelle build/progress!

Chevy2184

I could think of a few things... 😎
0d165c2bf2e00cbf93fc5e501a2bb86e.jpg
f56a369db8ad838bdc697d31dcdbb4d7.jpg

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises