Puke tank question?

oldbuck40

Anyone ever run the lines to the puke tank from out of the back side of the valve cover,,like from the highest point but on the rear of the cover? Thinking of using a AN bulkhead fitting to go thru the cover. I have seen it done before just dont know how well it works?

My goal is to keep the top of the valve cover clean looking with the only hole being a billet screw in oil plug.

oldbuck40

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Greg  --  It should work if they are high enough to keep the oil out on hard acceleration..

Well thats what im thinking! Just wanting to hear others thoughts on this. Thanks for the input!

oldbuck40

The main reason for the puke tank is im tired of all the slobbering oil around the old factory rubber in the cover and a little coming out of the breather,,its not real bad,,but bad enough i get tired of cleaning it up lol

oldbuck40

Vacuum pump would be the best .. I wish I had the money for one to put on my engine .. No oil leaks with those ..
True! Yea mine aint bad enough for one,plus its just a little lake motor :grin:

Disturbed

I've been looking into this as well.  This is what I've found.

http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-13507-burn-down-valve-cover-breather.aspx

Good Vibrations also has some.

Disturbed

oldbuck40 said:
DISTURBED said:
I've been looking into this as well.  This is what I've found.

http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-13507-burn-down-valve-cover-breather.aspx

Good Vibrations also has some.
That is what I have on mine , but Greg wants to mount them on the back side of the Valve Covers ..
No not those!!! An A/N fitting on the back of the cover. Those are what i wanted to stay away from.

Out of curiosity, why?  think.gif

jimsplace

Patchman said:
They do look a little old school. think.gif

A LITTLE OLD SCHOOL?  Why?

I see a lot of them currently being used on faster boats using pan-vac's.
Mines not one of the faster ones, but after changing to the burn down breathers from a rubber grommet in the valve cover, I haven't had any oil on the valve covers.
Before changing, I never did figure how to stop oil from getting on the valve covers.

I agree that if J.J. is making a puke tank, it'll work like it's supposed too.
  :smile17:

txliberator

Star makes this fitting just for that application

_STR_06_11_001.jpg