Prop Clearance

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Anyone have the clearance measurement from prop to bottom side of boat ? Tim or Jim  ???
I guess I could measure Galen Hydro ??

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ..

Jim has been In a different time zone for several weeks and wil check in about another week.  The temperature here has been 87-88 degrees every day.
:smile17:

Attachments

• 3E0E166E-40FB-4EA4-982F-235545326F8B.jpeg
    3E0E166E-40FB-4EA4-982F-235545326F8B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • 3DA548DC-CE6D-4FA3-98F8-51E00509B694.jpeg
    3DA548DC-CE6D-4FA3-98F8-51E00509B694.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46

beaverfab

Jim seek off to the topless beach and send more pictures, I know you have cameras that can see a dime at 500 yards. Just for research.....  jump.gif

jimsplace

beaverfab said:
Jim seek off to the topless beach and send more pictures, I know you have cameras that can see a dime at 500 yards. Just for research.....  jump.gif

I don’t bring that camera just for that reason.  Wife wouldn’t buy, “research.”  It would be the unhappy wife, unhappy life thing. :smile20:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
So did we ever get a measurement between the prop and the bottom of the boat? :smile21:

73 Sanger Flat

I don't think we ever got a measurement  .. Maybe when Jim get back from his Vacation , he will measure his boat for me .. If he not too sun burnt or tired from his trip to the beach ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! But you know Tim's boat doesn't go to the water! So you mite need to gather data from someone else! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
Awesome! But you know Tim's boat doesn't go to the water! So you mite need to gather data from someone else! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sad but, true.  You know what else is sad?  Mine went to the water just as often as yours did this year!  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:

Sad but, true.  You know what else is sad?  Mine went to the water just as often as yours did this year!  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Black eye! :smile18: :smile18: :smile18: :smile18:

jimsplace

Billy
Sorry for the delay in getting the measurement, but I was having too much fun and enjoying the warm weather.  I don't like cold.  We'll be going back in a couple of months so I'll just be cold for now.
I do like it there.

Anyway, prop to bottom distance is 9/16" with a 11X16 prop.
Since our boats are the same, what distance have you found yours to be?

Without changing the strut angle and/or the V-Drive location I don't think it would be easy to alter the prop to bottom distance without a lot of work.

beaverfab

So assuming you strut is 7.5 deg. Moving the prop forward 1” will move it .130” closer to tha bottom. What is it now, and where was George’s at?

73 Sanger Flat

beaverfab said:
So assuming you strut is 7.5 deg. Moving the prop forward 1” will move it .130” closer to tha bottom. What is it now, and where was George’s at?

My clearance is right about 3/4 " or  maybe 5/8 " .. I do not have Georges clearance on his TR-4..  So .130 is about an 1/8 of an inch .. So I could be as close to an 1/2 inch to the bottom with the 10 3/4 inch prop ... That does not give much room to put a bigger prop back on it later .

Thanks JJ for the math solution .. I knew you would know how much it would be closer ..  Hell might just leave it alone then .. I don't know ?????

73 Sanger Flat

jimsplace said:
Billy
Sorry for the delay in getting the measurement, but I was having too much fun and enjoying the warm weather.  I don't like cold.  We'll be going back in a couple of months so I'll just be cold for now.
I do like it there.

Anyway, prop to bottom distance is 9/16" with a 11X16 prop.
Since our boats are the same, what distance have you found yours to be?

Without changing the strut angle and/or the V-Drive location I don't think it would be easy to alter the prop to bottom distance without a lot of work.

Thanks JIM

beaverfab

Billy it up to you, I looked back at my phone tex for the demition and it no longer there. Just let me know. We could add a shim under the strut for prop clearance 1/8” to 3/16” .