project sleekcraft

mr rogers

hey guys just wanted to share with yall a little about my current job. its a 78 sleekcraft owned by a gentleman from midland texas. originally closed engine,thru hull exhaust,chevy powered and berkely 12je pump.plans call for closing all holes in transom,open engine, ot headers,ford yes ford power (its all good) and a conversion of the pump to basically a 12jg setup. lots of work ahead, will keep yall up to date on progress with pics. btw just so there is no confusion its not my boat doing this for a customer.mike

mr rogers

fellas a couple pics of the sleekcraft with all the holes filled. ready for final sanding, and then time for primer.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 197

mr rogers

hey guys i primed the sleekcraft yesterday. weather was  great for spraying, anyways hope to put some paint on it soon. here is a few pics from yesterday. mike  :smile27:

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 71

blazeracer

Looking great so far. Did you decide against doing the pump change? That's major work going from an E to a C/G setup.

mr rogers

blaze still going to do the pump conversion, those old holes are closed.rerouting steering,shift and diverter cables. plan on blueprinting pump,adding jg bowl,droop snoot,stuffer,wedge,and place diverter.all polished parts after suction housing, which will be painted yellow the same as the boat. :smile30:

blazeracer

Oh, well just saying, the E pump is an insert pump. The only way to convert is to pull the E pump intake, glass the hull back in solid and cut a new hole(s) for the C/G intake. They are different, way different. I saw all the little holes are good to go, it's the big one in the middle I was talking about.

Maybe there's a conversion trick I don't know about??

mr rogers

hey blaze sorry for the confusion, to clarify the 12je insert is staying along with the factory ride plate. everything after that will be basically set up like a 12 jg.

blazeracer

mr rogers said:
hey blaze sorry for the confusion, to clarify the 12je insert is staying along with the factory ride plate. everything after that will be basically set up like a 12 jg.

Oh, Ok. Got it!! I just put a G bowl on my E pump and called it done. The nozzle fit right in the snoot perfectly. For the stock G pump straight short snoot the steering extension for the E worked. You pump's really gonna get some heads scratching. An insert suction housing with a C/G cable set up.

mr rogers

Hey guys i got the painting all done on the sleekcraft, here are a few pics of the completed work. just need to wetsand and buff it out yet.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65

mr rogers

thanks, i also painted the inside of bilge area, and the transom inside. its coming along. starting on pump soon, just getting all the parts together. will keep everyone posted.  mike

mr rogers

been working on the pump now for the sleekcraft. have the bowl ready to go with stuffer installed,bearings and seal. i also machined the pump shaft for the inducer. here are a few pics of the bowl, cutting the shaft on the lathe and milling a keway.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 135