Project "Bucket List"

customtouch

Well I finally decided to start a build thread for my Cole TR2 instead of just randomly posting stuff here and there. I am calling the build "Bucket List" because while I have owned and driven all types of boats in my life, I have always wanted to build and run the traps with a flat bottom. The other reason for the name is, now I am just trying to get it completed before I kick the bucket and at the rate I am going that might be a challenge!!! LOL!!! To keep it short I am just transferring a few of the old pics I have already posted to show some of the progress. I will post a few more in a little while to bring the progress up to date.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 203
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 119

Knotty Girl

I feel pretty darn comfortable saying this,  I'll bet anyone when this is finished it will have one of the best paint job you will ever see on a boat.  Just say'n

Drumzilla

Nice... clap.gif

waterboy-you-can-do-it_zpsc17bffa5.jpg

customtouch

Well here is the most recent progress. Got all the imperfections on the bottom filled and blocked straight. I then finished out the running surface using black primer, sanding that smooth, and then spraying a matt clear with a real small, tight texture. I did a very light color sand over the top of that to barely knock the top of the texture off and then scotchbrited the whole running surface. This should give the boat a pretty slick pad to run on. I then primed and blocked the bow and have been baking the bottom in the sun since Sunday to be sure it is cured. I will probably flip it back right side up on Monday to start getting the top ready for primer. I also picked up my seats from the upholstery shop but I  am not happy with the colors he chose so I will be having them done again.

Attachments

• DSC_0472.JPG
    DSC_0472.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 112

customtouch

blazeracer said:
I hope you can find a decent painter for that pile. J/K Great progress so far.

I can't afford one. I will just have to fumble my way through trying to paint it myself!!!  :grin:

customtouch

While I was waiting for the bottom to cure so it could be flipped back right side up, I decided to fix the only stress crack I have found in the boat so far. Although it may it may look big from the repair, it actually was very minor and caused from the bulkhead bumping it from the inside.