Progressive voltage lost to ignition

wildbunch

Somehow losing voltage to ignition wich progressively gets worst. Has all MSD marine ignition. Anyone know an electrical genius in the Victoria area???? Hey "Coonass" nice meeting you out at the lake Saturday, sorry I wasn't in a better mood, but....... this eletrical crap drives me NUTS!!!!!!! :smile18:   
and had to climb back in a tuna boat............ :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

duanehydro

either place, whenever, bring it up here and I can work on it in between jobs, plus it'll be inside.. :smile12: My shop's full of motorcycles... :rolleyes:

wildbunch

Duanehydro said:
either place, whenever, bring it up here and I can work on it in between jobs, plus it'll be inside.. :smile12: My shop's full of motorcycles... :rolleyes:
Imagine that>>

My weekend SUCKED. NEw coil thought it was fixed>worst...I also lost the piece that holds your forward/ reverser cuo on the nozzle...i guess set scre came out & that dowell or what ever its called fell out,all thats left is that teflon insert......I'm taking the engine out of my Nova to Bay City tomorrow morning when I get back I'll bring my boat up there......if nothing else falls off of it... :smile24: :smile24:

I met "Coonass" out at the lake Saturday, but I wasn't in a real talkative mood.....but seems like a nice guy.....Kenny came out a little later. 

Devilman

Damn Alan, sounds like you had all kind of stuff going on. You didn't look in too bad a mood when ya'll was headed back out though. Like you said, still got ahold of some of them boat beers... :smile15:

duanehydro

wildbunch said:
Duanehydro said:
Bring it by the shop......we have room.  :cool:
Duane, you had a chance to look at it yet...................

Ignition switch should be here this morning. The posts were loose on 2 out of 3 prongs...gotta try that first. Hopefully we'll be at the lake this weekend. :smile13: You gonna be around? The ol' lady will be out of town.. :evil:

wildbunch

I don't know, thinking about going to Baytown the Oreilley Nationals. But I'm on call :smile18:

So if you take it to the lake/ take tools.... :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

wildbunch

coonass said:
alan, did you guys get a voltage reading when running? :smile12:

Na.... all we had was a beer can(s) & a screw driver.......not sure what to do with screw driver :smile24: :smile24: :smile24: :smile24:

Devilman

wildbunch said:
Na.... all we had was a beer can(s) & a screw driver.......not sure what to do with screw driver :smile24: :smile24: :smile24: :smile24:

Add a vent to your beer can, makes the beer flow faster & reduces belching.... :smile12:

Like replacing a 600 vacuum secondary with an 850 double pumper..... :smile13: :smile15:

Devilman

Ah hell, been a long time since I knew anybody shotgunning beers anymore, lol...

I was talking about poking a hole in the opposite side of the can up towards the top, opposite of where you drink.

Kinda like this in the old days....

schaeferbeer.jpg

Devilman

Nah, just looked around on google. Took a bit till I could find one that showed an old top like that. :rolleyes:

I think Wildbunch's voltage thread just took a side turn, lol..... Sorry Alan. :smile13:

wildbunch

Devilman said:
Nah, just looked around on google. Took a bit till I could find one that showed an old top like that. :rolleyes:

I think Wildbunch's voltage thread just took a side turn, lol..... Sorry Alan. :smile13:
Hey..no problem.......bringing back some ole' flashbacks........ :smile20:

wildbunch

coonass said:
getting back to the subject Alan, did you guys put the msd in yourself or other?

voltage is getting rapped from something like the wrong gauge wire, splice, or something that the voltage is running through can't take the amps
No boat had it all in it when I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago. Duane has the boat at his shop, & said he thinks ignition switch. It should be in today, he will probably install it & take it to the lake this weekend.

wildbunch

taylormanss said:
well i heard your engine about two hours ago at the shop, and it sounded like duane fixed it :smile15: i was up there getting him to double check my valves. it was pretty windy when i pulled out of victoria, not a very good boating day today. :smile14:
Great!!!!! :smile20:
I'll see you at "Hydrofest"