Pop off on a$$book

TexasJet

Mike S said:
There's a berk suction housing and pop off for sale on there!! Got Texasjets name all over it!!!! $1200

Popoff would require modifing the transom. A jetaway would be easier, just move motor and interior forward a few inches. That's all.

But thanks for thinking about me.  :smile27:

Chevy2184

Just thinking out loud here guys?? But is their for say a hp number or a speed number when you start considering a popoff or a jetaway?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Just thinking out loud here guys?? But is their for say a hp number or a speed number when you start considering a popoff or a jetaway?
Triple digits seems to be the norm on speed! I guess it depends how much HP it takes to see those kind of numbers! think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
whitetrash148 said:
Jet a Way needed on any boat speed over 80, to prevent nose in of boat when engine locks up. IMO
That would be a good speed to start getting worried at ..
Sounds good too me. See most jets running those speeds without them. Safety is a good thing! :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
You could run a ratchet! Nice thing about them, is easy to disconnect drive line to run it on a hose. :grin:

whitetrash148

Chevy 2184, dont know about speeds but in SDBA rule book, p67 section 8.24, class TE-9sec. and PE-8sec. in qtr. mile are required to have either ratchet or pop off, 7.99 sec. and quicker recommended to have both!

whitetrash148

most river racer class jets are running 80 to 90 mph in qtr. at 12 sec. flat and are capable of running close to 11sec.    things happen real fast at even these speeds, stay safe

Chevy2184

I spoke with mike with central Texas jets for a little bit yesterday about getting my new impeller and wear ring set up once I get the motor dynode so we know what we are working with? He was saying that I will prob need a shoe to help keep the pump loaded.... So might get the motor put in this year and get all the bugs worked out and plan on doing something with the pump this winter? That would be the perfect time to pull the intake and either off set the pump or rearrange the interior to make room? But yes! For sure want the ride to be safe!