Plowmans

rocky

Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know what is going on with Plowmans this year. I called the Army Corps of Engineers and spoke with Bragy James
and he informed me that we would not be getting a lake permit as we have had in the past. He said reservations can be made for that weekend
through the National Reservation Serveces (NRS). We called NRS and they told us that no reservations can be made and the park has been made open to the public for that weekend. It's on a first come basis and whoever shows up at the gate gets a spot. We then e-mailed Congressman Bill Flores who is now over Corps for Lake Whitney. One of his representatives called me and said she had spoke with Brady James and he told her
the park was made available like that due to budget cut and they were not sure the park would remain open after that weekend. We then called NRS back and they told us reservations can be made up to the 29th of Sept. and then starting again on the 3rd of Oct. They made the park available like that because they dont want us there. We then e-mailed the congressman again and have not recieved a response. We are at a loss for what else can be done. If you would like to e-mail the congressman yourselves his web site is www.congressmanbillflores.com. Maybe with enough e-mails that might do something. If you have any questions please give us a call. 817-894-1066      Thank Rocky and Becky

vdrivegrimes

outlawjet said:
How about Juniper Cove, I heard it was really nice...

juniper cove is ok, theres plenty of parking. i havent been there in years, heard they have really cleaned it up. good thing is its closer to town.

steele creek is pretty nice also, ive grown up on that lake so i tend to play favorites.

boatlessbrett

Juniper Cove is nice I have been there with my fam the cabins they have are very nice. Just can't belive that they are fighting us being there but they're loss.

lil chris

i would vote to move to one of the other parks. we can fight it and maybe even get the right people to change for us. but then we have pissed them off and the law will be out trying to prove a point to every boater. not a quiter but just seems like one of those no win situations. love the event though, hope it can be moved and still happen.

HellinnFrnt

I'll be sitting in line waiting for the gate to open on the 30th then and if they tell me I can't go in some one's renaming the park cuz I'll be owning it .... plus it's not like there's gonna be a crapload of "public" people there .... already mailed the C-man
at this link

https://flores.house.gov/contact-me

my boat is from his district so I used that address

J C Gordon

Yeah hate to see it go this direction but like said if they are pissed they are gonna try and prove a point. I enjoy this event but I think IMO that it should be moved. They have already proved they dont want us there to begin with. Take our money and spend it where it is appreciated. Thanks for going the extra mile Rocky, looking forward to something somewhere. JC

73 Sanger Flat

I am open to move it or just show up the day of the event and have fun . Yes I am sure they will make it harder on everyone that shows up .. maybe go to Steel Creek this year and then try back the following  year . I really hate that it has came to this .
Maybe we plan on having it Oct 7th , 8th and 9th ,

I never been to Juniper Cove ,  I guess  could go check it out the  next time I go to Steel Creek ..

EO and JJ , do you know anything about  Juniper Cove .. I think this will not be as freindly as a place to the smaller boat since it is more in the open part of the lake .

Hopefully we will find something that will work , If not . I will be at the gate at Plowman Creek Park Saturday morning at 6:00 am to get a camping spot for the weekend ..

73 Sanger Flat

I sent the guy (bspeednut) in Brownwood a personal message about that Place he was wanting us to go to , maybe he will reply .. Rocky has been unable to reach him

oldbuck40

yea they did close it for those days for reservations but i would be more worried about how your going to get a boat in,,, this is posted on reserve america site,,

Facility Closures Due to Lake Elevation : Lofers Day Use Designated Small Beach

Boat Ramps: East Lofers Back Boat Ramp, West Lofers Boat Ramp, Cedron Creek Ramp, Kimball Bend Boat Ramp, Plowman Creek Boat Ramp, Ham Creek Boat Ramp, and the State Ramp on 56.

running late

I was at Lake Brownwood a month ago. the lake is 12' down and they are advising that if you don't know the lake stay off it.

I went by sandy beach, there was no one home, but I drove in and looked around.  There are some small trees and it has a gentle slope to the water, all grass.  It is not as big as Plowman, but could accommodate a lot of people.  I  do not know about trailers / motor home hook ups.  It also has a nice one vehicle ramp, that stops a couple of feet short of the water.

Probably not a viable deal till the lake picks up some water.

J

QUOTE: Yeah hate to see it go this direction but like said if they are pissed they are gonna try and prove a point. I enjoy this event but I think IMO that it should be moved. They have already proved they dont want us there to begin with. Take our money and spend it where it is appreciated. Thanks for going the extra mile Rocky, looking forward to something somewhere. JC
think.gif  I believe you are absolutely right JC. It needs to be moved. They don't want us there in that kind of group for various reasons. Rocky and possibly myself are going to try and go look at and talk to Brandon (I think that is his name) at Lake Brownwood this week. If anybody else has an idea, a friend, or knowledge of a facility(I think preferrably private) maybe someplace we have been before or go to earlier in the year that we can check out or be invited to. That would be ideal. Distance for who? should not matter at this point. It would give us something and place to consider to carry on the tradition of an end of year event, ie Plowmans.

Dry Dock

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Thanks Wayne for the update on the beach .

Beach update from Big J

anyone checked Proctor? couple nice parks there. Rocky and I looked couple years ago but it was flooded like Plowman was.  Close to Comanche.

73 Sanger Flat

Dry Dock said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Thanks Wayne for the update on the beach .

Beach update from Big J

anyone checked Proctor? couple nice parks there. Rocky and I looked couple years ago but it was flooded like Plowman was.  Close to Comanche.

Sorry about that Wayne and "J'..

I used to go to Proctor when I had my first V-Drive and Outboard , I could see that as a possibility ..

We could go to Sewell ( spelling )Creek Park , That a pretty good size park area ..
Who ever goes to Brownwood could stop and check it out . It only 4 or 5 mile off of 377 ..

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well I hope you guys can find a place, because we have really enjoyed this event. If we can help in any way, let us know.

J C Gordon

Sounds like so good ideas so far. Lets not give up, and I was trying to think of the Brownwood deal the other day but it wouldnt come to me. That guy really wanted us there sounds good to me. Is the date still gonna be around the same? JC