Patio Misting?

CarbonMonoxide

Does anyone run a patio misting system at their house?  I
Was thinking of running one here, but was unsure about how much soaking the lawn would get since there isn't any concrete in the back yard.

stickman07

We have a spinmist. Got it from river dave, check his web-site behindthe8machine.com I think is it. Love it & have never seen anything better.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

CarbonMonoxide

spd500 said:
It's too humid here for the mist systems to do any good .

And that's exactly what I needed to hear. After moving here from CT, I've noticed you can't even get cold water from the faucet, so it's not a cooling water.

Becket

Build your own, Homo Depot has the fittings with misters installed, I love the thing, Works great and it will NOT flood your yard, it is more like a smoke of water than a mist.

With fan's blowing around it is like A/C on the Back patio!

Gonna build one to surround my ac unit this trip home. Might not help but Damn sure won't hurt!

stickman07

I promise ya the Spinmist is as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

duanehydro

after seeing this, and already thinking about it, ordered a 32' low pressure kit for our patio. 42 bucks from misty mate......follow up coming. :smile16:

spd500

jimsplace said:
If anyone wears glasses, they won't be saying, "great idea".

I wear glasses  think.gif Maybe that's why I have always hated the mist things . But I still say it's too humid in Crosby for them to be any good .

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Gas-Hole said:
Build your own, Homo Depot has the fittings with misters installed, I love the thing, Works great and it will NOT flood your yard, it is more like a smoke of water than a mist.

Gonna build one to surround my ac unit this trip home. Might not help but Damn sure won't hurt!

Very bad idea.  Do some research on this.  It will ruin your coil by clogging it with mineral deposits in short time.

scarabscs

It would be extremely easy to build one of these using lawn products.  I built a 66 ft long misting setup for my back bed, and it didnt cost more than 40 bucks, ran off the hose.

You can install the misters wherever you want, and get ones that spray 360 deg, 180 deg or 90 deg.  You can also regulate the pressure with the hose faucet, or with adjustable heads.

You could do this around a few fans, and have a misting fan for probably less than 10 bucks each, home depot and lowes sell all the stuff.

Becket

Last Mohican said:
Gas-Hole said:

Very bad idea.  Do some research on this.  It will ruin your coil by clogging it with mineral deposits in short time.
GOOD POINT! Thanks, that never crossed my mind!

duanehydro

I got our misting system in and installed in-between thunderstorms yesterday....now it'll rain for 3 weeks, lol. Even with standard pressure, all 17 jets work well, fine mist. I am impressed for the money spent. I think it'll be a nice break for the no wind 100*+ days.
And the plants love it. :smile16:

jimsplace

Gas-Hole said:

It has already been pointed out that it is a bad idea to put one around the air conditioner and they are right.  The water gets in and around the fins of the coils and blocks the air that the air conditioner uses to cool the refrigerant.  I had the idea of running a water sprinkler next to the air conditioner many years ago.  My HVAC service person said, bad idea and explained why.
      :smile26: