Nothing Wrong except Paranoia and Dumb a$$

TBendCondor

Pulled motor (easy just like yall said) Hooked motor up to my well 40-50 psi NO LEAKS !  as i was looking at the engine and flywheel, i dawned on me that 1 1/2 inches of water in the bilge will get on the flywheel teeth !  So the water i saw coming out from behind bellhousing at the starter, was being picked up by the flywheel and slung around !!!!!

Ive gotten so paranoid about this thing its clouding my thinking !!!!
But I do Thank yall for all your suggestions and comments.

Crusader

Happened to me last year. I thought I was fricken sinking and freaked out too. Turned out to be water hitting the flywheel as you described.

Experience and wisdom are gained by making "stupid" mistakes. Lol. Live and learn brother!!!

WAFOBABY

Wait till you dont have a fly wheel cover and it SLING the water out like a water hose with a HOLE in it.    Good side to this is you know what you have now and you know its back togather RIGHT for sure now.  clap.gif

spd500

So , why was there so much water in the bilge ? Do you have a float on the pump ? Where did the water come in from for there to be that much water in there ?

TBendCondor

Well, to tell you the truth there wasnt that much water in there, about 1.5 inches in the center space of the bilge.
The ramp in our sub-division is fairly steep,  you can dip a little water very easy.  Boat doesnt leak itself

jimsplace

The Good news.
Look at it as one lesson learned the hard way.  Luckily, it doesn't seen to be expensive or serious.
think.gif
The Bad News.
Only 9,999 more to learn.

ChryslerJet

Glad to hear it was nothing major.  At least you got that tail piece flipped around and probably was easier to do with the motor out than if it was in there.