Northie ventured way down south!!!

Crusader

Crusader and most of his Crusader crew decided to sneak south of I-10 and visit Del Rio and take the boat out on Amistad!!

Chevy2184

You guys will have a great time up their! Plenty of big coves to get in and tie up to some dead trees and just swim and chill and listen to some tunes!

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Crusader

Man, I tell you what......Amistad is an amazing lake! Went up through the Devils canyon yesterday and was amazed at how gorgeous it is!!

Looking forward to another day out there today

Devilman

Yeah, pretty badass place. On our list of must see's for sure. Y'all have fun! Don't forget the pics.  :wink:  :grin:

Chevy2184

Only part that sucks is their is not much bank anywhere to get on? It all gets deep pretty quick... But plenty of room to move around for sure! And that crystal clear water will give you a double sun burn! 😎

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Crusader

Ya.....there's not many areas that I was in, that look like you can anchor and hang the way we normally do. But....we found a few coves where you can hang......and that was nice.

Crusader

Okay, I managed to get a few pictures. When we went up the Devils river to the Canyons, we were in a friends Ultra 26 with a 496 BBC HO motor and Bravo 1 out-drive.

Crusader

Devilman said:
Nice pics Cliff! Did you take your boat out there like you were talking about?

Thanks!

Yes, I took it down there.....but we didn't take it up the Devils canyon. We had an opportunity to ride in this Ultra so we took advantage of it. We used the Crusadaer 2 of 3 days we were there.

Devilman

I gotcha. I don't recall from the other thread... did ya'll stay on a houseboat, hotel, cabins... ?

Crusader

Devilman said:
I gotcha. I don't recall from the other thread... did ya'll stay on a houseboat, hotel, cabins... ?

We originally were going to stay on a house boat but that fell through. My in laws have a lake house on the lake....so we stayed there. The boat ramp was literally two blocks away.

Patchman said:
Wow that looks nice! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Thanks....I'm still amazed at the beauty of that place!

Devilman

Crusader said:
We originally were going to stay on a house boat but that fell through. My in laws have a lake house on the lake....so we stayed there. The boat ramp was literally two blocks away.

Cool deal, damn sure ain't nothing wrong with that! So no trouble with the cartels I take it? :grin: