Non ethanol gas

customtouch

Just to pass along a tip I just found out, many of the QT gas stations now carry non ethanol gas. I gave up the search for it many years ago in the Austin area but a counter guy at a local parts store informed me the QT stores have it. I now know where I will be buying gas for all my vehicles and boats since everything I own is old and the ethanol is hard on them. I'm sure many of you already might have known this but it was news to me so I thought I would pass it on.

Attachments

• 20200115_192249.jpg
    20200115_192249.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 124

Crusader

Patchman said:
Allot of the Buckeye's have it as well! :smile17:
Agreed. It's 91 octane and about $1.20 more per gallon that the ethanol fuel here in N.TX.

The QTs near my house all have ethanol in their fuels. I guess it's a location thing?

Crusader

customtouch said:
Are you referring to the Dallas/McKinney area? If so I know someone that would be real interested to here that.

The Bucees in Melissa TX off of HWY 75 has ethanol free fuel available. All of the QT gas stations I've been to around the Mckinney area all have ethanol in their fuel. 

Devilman

Don't think they have it around here, never looked though to be honest. Be something to be on the lookout for though.  :smile17:

jimsplace

Crusader said:
Patchman said:
Allot of the Buckeye's have it as well! :smile17:
Agreed. It's 91 octane and about $1.20 more per gallon that the ethanol fuel here in N.TX.

The QTs near my house all have ethanol in their fuels. I guess it's a location thing?

It's the price you pay for living in a non-attainment (Polluted) air quality area.
:smile25:

blazeracer

You can't buy a hose, carb, EFI, filter, or anything that is not designed for ethanol laced fuel any longer. In the early days it chewed stuff up. Nowadays, not really an issue. I got no problem with it. My motor dyno'd 722 running the 93 octane from Walmart.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It still seems to kill my yard equipment. Weed eaters and leaf blowers have crap fuel line.  :smile15:

jimsplace

Patchman said:
It still seems to kill my yard equipment. Weed eaters and leaf blowers have crap fuel line.  :smile15:

Ya, shouldn't be using ethanol gas in lawn equipment made in 1962, no matter how good it was.

That old Craftsman lawn equipment just lasts forever, literally.
      :smile17:

Devilman

Patchman said:

Well if you would use them occasionally and not let the crappy ethanol gas sit in them and deteriorate that kinda helps too. think.gif :smile16:

Crusader

Patchman said:

I use AvGas mixed with 2 stroke oil in my weed eater and leaf blower and run plain 'ole AvGas in my lawn mower. Works great!

Send it!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

Well if you would use them occasionally and not let the crappy ethanol gas sit in them and deteriorate that kinda helps too. think.gif :smile16:
I do you the leaf blower to get my burn pile going, and the weedeater to mow my poison ivy! crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the latest victim of ethonal gas.  Just put a new fuel pump and sender in it. Runs like a top once more. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's my old man's,  2006 Dyna Wide. The funny parts was he insisted that we take it around the block.  I'm about a foot taller than my dad. Of course I got the bitch seat.  I haven't been on the back of a bike with my dad since 1984.  It would have been a great photo OP, but no one was there to bear witness but total strangers! crazy.gif

Devilman

LOL, the thought of you perched up on that little seat made me chuckle.... Hopefully he wasn't wearing this shirt...  :smile26: :smile28:

il_570xN.1795398130_d11a.jpg