Nitrous Bottle Mount Location TX-19

TX-19 SBC

Where is the best place to mount a Nitrous Bottle.  The bottle I will be using is a 10 lbs bottle.

I will be mounting the bottle in a TX-19.

Thank you

Paul Martin

TX-19 SBC

Bobby, getting closer to being back on the water.  Thinking about mid-May.

Got the boat flipped back over and new stringers in.

Working on a Floor up front and a Dam this weekend.

Next big item will be setting the intake back in

Complete paint job may have to wait for the off season.

Thanks

Paul

scarabscs

I would def want the bottle to be in a handy location, you want to be able to get to the valve easily.  Id think between the front seats or behind the passenger seat would all be within arms reach. 

TX-19 SBC

With a Nitrous Bottle do you have to worry about Direct Sunlight and the bottle pressure getting to a damagrous point?  I plan to put a gauge on the bottle.

Last year I had trouble with the bottle not being warm enough, but just want to make sure that I do not getting into trouble with too high a pressure with direct sunlight.

KONA77

TX-19 SBC said:
With a Nitrous Bottle do you have to worry about Direct Sunlight and the bottle pressure getting to a damagrous point?  I plan to put a gauge on the bottle.

Last year I had trouble with the bottle not being warm enough, but just want to make sure that I do not getting into trouble with too high a pressure with direct sunlight.

not a nitros guy,  but i guess it depends on the time of year,  there's guy here he gotta warm his up with a butane torch,  I say to him "wtf are you doing "    :grin:

scarabscs

Nitrous pressure will increase as the bottle temp heats up, but if you keep the bottle covered it will be fine.

Im a big fan of automatic bottle heaters.  If your running nitrous, its very important to keep your pressure around 950-1100.  After a pass your bottle cools down, and your bottle pressure significantly drops.  This will cause your motor to run excessively rich the next pass, since your bottle pressure will be lower, and your fuel pressure will remain correct.

They are also good for cool days.

Heres one of ours ...

Josh02-1.jpg

jimsplace

Duanehydro said:
jimsplace said:
Duanehydro said:
Carry a white towel to throw over the bottle while your beached.....wet if necessary

Better yet, wear a flak jacket when you're near or in the boat.
    think.gif

Is there something I've said to upset you?

NO!
Bad humor on my part.
If I have to explain the humor, it's bad humor on my part.  Thats what I have always heard.

Flak jacket due to the nitros bottle getting hot in the sun during the summer.  --SORRY--
  :smile17:

jimsplace

NMliberator said:
Somebody has been watchin to much fast and furious.

Hey - I thought it was a fun show to watch.

I have actually watched them several times.
It always amazed how the parts in the motors would start coming apart and burning, yet the cars continued to go faster in the show.
I think that's called creative license.

If I thought having a rice burner with nitrous would draw attention of the chicks like in the show, I'd have to think about getting one.
      :smile17: