Nice to be Back

Devilman

Good to see the site back up, nice work. What happened, don't tell me ya'll gave Patch the keys to the office, you know how he likes to start pressing buttons, lol... crazy.gif

73 Sanger Flat

Yeah -- Glad she is back up and running .. Thanks to everyone who helped fix it .. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Last Mohecian

Administrator
It was a password conflict between SMF and mySQL.  Could have been any number of reasons why it happened.  Sorry it took so long to get it back up.

Matt

Devilman

eh, chit happens.. glad yall were able to take care of it without much issue, nothing lost, etc... Thanks for taking care of it. :smile17:

Last Mohecian

Administrator
DemonMaestro said:
The question is why did the whole site go down? It wasn't just smf.

Doesn't really matter why.  Just be greatful that we had backups in place and tools available to get it back up and running without losing anything.  And remember we all have regular jobs.  If you really want to know, someone let the gremlins In the pool.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
We do have the site backed up, so it will never be totally lost. But with third party hosts, you never know what is going to happen. I think a new host will probably be in our future. But as with anything, we need to do our homework as to what direction we want to go.  :smile30:

jroberts88

Patchman said:
We do have the site backed up, so it will never be totally lost. But with third party hosts, you never know what is going to happen. I think a new host will probably be in our future. But as with anything, we need to do our homework as to what direction we want to go.  :smile30:

That is fully understandable.