Next boating event.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
So is anyone thinking about scheduling a new event for next year? i know down south we need to hit Somerville again. Hopefully we won't get hit with the floods next year.

Devilman

Are the parks even gonna be open? I thought they were all wiped out & not gonna be repaired...

Me & Carole were talking about Belton, we stopped by there on the way home from the Indian Lodge. Looked awesome out there. Just not sure which campground to use, there are a lot of them. Not sure if one area is better than another, etc... I was gonna hit up Gary about it sometime, that's his stomping grounds, so he'd know where to go....

Other than that, nada so far...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Trying something new would be cool. I'd like to get back to Medina sometime as well. :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I think two events at the Indian Lodge would be cool as well. I could stand hanging out at that pool a little as well.  :smile17:

Disturbed

There's a lot of racing on the schedule this year.  Hopefully, we'll get to play with our boats for a change.  It's not looking too promising though.......

:smile25:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we need to post up the race schedule to the THB calendar. Might make it easier to plan some events, at least if peeps want the racers to be there!( Maybe they don't) crazy.gif

Knotty Girl

Devilman said:
Are the parks even gonna be open? I thought they were all wiped out & not gonna be repaired...

Me & Carole were talking about Belton, we stopped by there on the way home from the Indian Lodge. Looked awesome out there. Just not sure which campground to use, there are a lot of them. Not sure if one area is better than another, etc... I was gonna hit up Gary about it sometime, that's his stomping grounds, so he'd know where to go....

Other than that, nada so far...

Belton is a good lake, my old stomping grounds

Devilman

Knotty said:
Belton is a good lake, my old stomping grounds

yessir, I remember you saying that as well. Can't recall the park we pulled into, it was closed from when the lake flooded at some point... but you could still use the ramp. We were real tempted to put in & run around a bit. One thing is, the lake has those zebra mussels in it, those things were everywhere. They are spreading though, Colet even has them now. Sure cleaned the water up nice, I do have to say.

FL350

Administrator
Funny I was just talking about this Monday with Trey. He wants to do a spring fling on Whitney. We will have the 3rd annual poker/fun run in October. But you guys are right lets start looking at the calendar and schedules.

jimsplace

A poker run event at Whitney could be a good event.

Since a number of the members would like to continue the Plowman event for dragboats the first week-end in October as it has been for many years, the Poker run should be held one of the other weekends.

A number of members have boats suitable for both events and would probably like to do both.
I just hope water conditions are good this year.
    :smile17:

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
Anybody been here?    http://www.lakelimestonemarina.com/

You never made it over there? I recall you mentioning it to me awhile back. Looks pretty nice in the pics.

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
oldbuck40 said:
Anybody been here?    http://www.lakelimestonemarina.com/

You never made it over there? I recall you mentioning it to me awhile back. Looks pretty nice in the pics.
Nah never did but I'm like you,,looks pretty nice plus they will cook for ya too!

Disturbed

Trey has been there.  I'll have to ask him about it.  If memory serves correct, they weren't too friendly towards the loud boats.

oldbuck40

DISTURBED said:
Trey has been there.  I'll have to ask him about it.  If memory serves correct, they weren't too friendly towards the loud boats.
Well it may turn out to be one of those fishing hangouts?

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
Nah never did but I'm like you,,looks pretty nice plus they will cook for ya too!

I gotcha. well, may be worth looking into sometime.

and I still wanna take that ride to that beach with them cliffs you talked about in the past. Starting to think its one of them urban legends... :grin: