Newer member

stud_rudd

Hello. My name is Aaron. Im a new memeber to the site. I just got back to the United States from Afghanistan and went and picked up my new jet boat 8 days ago. It is a 1976 Sanger Super Jet with a 533 BBF. It has a Berk jet, droop  snoot, hydrolyic place diverter. She is a bad bitch. Well i hope everyone is doing great. I know i am.

stud_rudd

Anchorage, Alaska is where i call home. I am currently stationed here in Gulfport, Ms. Here are some more pics for eeverone.

pro53

Nice lookin ride.  :smile15: If thats an aluminum headed stroker motor, you are definatley under carbed. I have a 521, nice big mech. comp cam, edlebrock alum. heads. running a Mag and two 750 double pumpers. It runs great. Could go down on the jets some, but I would rather run rich than lean. Those edlebrock carbs are not enough for that motor. You could get way more out of your boat with some Holleys or Barry Grants.Those carbs might hurt that motor one day. :cool:

pro53

Post up some specs of your motor. You should gain some more performance with some better carbs. What size are they?Anybody else want to chine in on edelbrocks performance value  :grin:

duanehydro

I'm guessing maybe 50-90 hp. :cool: and you won't burn a piston....I like the 4224 center squirters myself.  :smile20:

73 Sanger Flat

I have never really like the Edlebrock carbs , I am a Holley person myself

Might be a little lean . looking at his pipes , they are blued like mine  but mine is beacuse I don't run water most of the time .

I am sure they can be worked just like any other carb , but the holley are simple to work on for me and part are every where ..

Nice looking boat .. 

Devilman

pro53 said:
Post up some specs of your motor. You should gain some more performance with some better carbs. What size are they?Anybody else want to chine in on edelbrocks performance value  :grin:

Yer just beggin for it ain't ya.... lol  :grin: Ain't nothing wrong with Edelbrock carbs, I ran 'em for years & never had a problem. Only reason I'm not running the one I have is because the linkage set up was a little different. Back when I put that engine in I was in a hurry & didn't wanna dick with changing the cable around. :rolleyes:

Tell ya what I'll do, I'll go ahead & put my Edelbrock back on. You can tell me if the performance is better or worse next time I tow you in.....  :smile15: :smile17:

John

go ahead...............youll be sorry, seriously though there  real good performance adders, mercruiser 7.4 liters came with some carters on them, that really fed a beastly 300hp 454 that should be making amost double that

Devilman

John said:
go ahead...............youll be sorry, seriously though there  real good performance adders, mercruiser 7.4 liters came with some carters on them, that really fed a beastly 300hp 454 that should be making amost double that

So somebody running one of them 300 horse 454 Mercruisers, can just swap the Edelbrock for a Holley & gain a couple hundred horsepower? That is awesome, lol...... :grin: Guess there is hope for the Chevys out there after all..... :smile13:

John

thats exactly right d man a holley straight out of the box is worth 550hp on a bbc..............................................................................all you have to do to the motor is, cam it, bore it, stroke it flow the new heads you went and bought to make your new holley look better, oh and put on a new intake 

S

Static Line

Welcome to THB and thanks for serving our Country.

Like the boat very clean.  :smile15:

GR

stud_rudd

Here are sme specs on the guts... 1976 Sanger Super Jet 533 Cubic Inch Ford Stroker Engine Eagle stroker crank, H beam Rods, JE Pistons, ARP Stud Kit Edelbrock aluminum heads, Hyd Lifters & Cam, Prop Comp roller rockers, Pete Jackson Gear Drive, MSD Billet Dist& Ignition with Soft touch rev control, Hot Foot pedal Offey Tunnel Ram with dual 750 Edelbrocks Engine machined and assembled by Jonno's Racing Engines. Pump rebuilt by Hi-Tech Performance it has 9 Vein Split Bowl A Impeller The Snoot with 2 wedges and Hydraulic Place Diverter with steering wheel control

Devilman

John said:
thats exactly right d man a holley straight out of the box is worth 550hp on a bbc..............................................................................all you have to do to the motor is, cam it, bore it, stroke it flow the new heads you went and bought to make your new holley look better, oh and put on a new intake

Its all in the details, lol.... :grin:

Sweet Addiction

Welcome.  :smile15:

stud_rudd said:
Hello. My name is Aaron. Im a new memeber to the site. I just got back to the United States from Afghanistan and went and picked up my new jet boat 8 days ago. It is a 1976 Sanger Super Jet with a 533 BBF. It has a Berk jet, droop  snoot, hydrolyic place diverter. She is a bad B****. Well i hope everyone is doing great. I know i am.

stud_rudd

I scraped the inside of my headers today with my finger and the exhaust is brown. Right were it should be. So i have decided that i'm going to leave the edlebroks.