New tow rig

duanehydro

Got me a 2014 ram 1500 Hemi...little frickin hotrod...lol Pulls the boat with no problems, and is a snap to maneuver. Very happy so far....did loose a lot of room, though.... :smile25:

Devilman

Nice truck man, congratulations. I hear you on the room, big difference between that one & your red one. You'll get used to it pretty quick I am sure.

You ever sell the red truck?

duanehydro

Red truck is spoken for currently.
I'm hoping now maybe Sandy won't drag as much crap with us places... :smile16:  think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Duanehydro said:
I'm hoping now maybe Sandy won't drag as much crap with us places... :smile16:  think.gif
Congrats man, but I don't know if your theory about Sandy is going to float! think.gif

Devilman

Duanehydro said:

Cool... I don't know if he's in the market, but I was gonna mention it to my dad. He could use something like that whether he'll admit it or not. :cheesy: Keep us posted if it sells or not.

Duanehydro said:

Ya, good luck with that.... :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Duanehydro said:
I have a feeling she'll be stowing crap in the boat... :smile15:
She doesn't already, then you better keep her away from Eva! She will give her all kinds of ideas! crazy.gif

duanehydro

Man, I'm loving my new truck...this swb truck, combined with the 390hp hemi is a rocket..lol sadly, it gets worse economy than my 7.3 did.... :smile25: however....with the new wet okole seat covers, and type R alpine speakers all around, I feel fancy! jump.gif

Another problem is wet traction...there is none...lol. it has the stock wrangler rsa's on it and they suck. What do you guys suggest for a 2wd truck driven solely on the street for wet traction on slippery boat ramps? think.gif

Attachments

• seat1.jpg
    seat1.jpg
    1,008.5 KB · Views: 62

Devilman

You doing the one wheel peel or does it have some sort of locking differential... If not, can you get one? Other than that you are stuck recruiting whatever fatasses hanging around the ramp to come & bounce on your bumper, old school style, lol.... :cheesy:

jimsplace

Duanehydro said:
Man, I'm loving my new truck...this swb truck, combined with the 390hp hemi is a rocket..lol sadly, it gets worse economy than my 7.3 did.... :smile25: however....with the new wet okole seat covers, and type R alpine speakers all around, I feel fancy! jump.gif

Another problem is wet traction...there is none...lol. it has the stock wrangler rsa's on it and they suck. What do you guys suggest for a 2wd truck driven solely on the street for wet traction on slippery boat ramps? think.gif

"Don't drive on wet roads"?
    :smile18:

mrgoslow

Alright Duane. I can think of three genuine solutions for that truck.
1. Turn into hot tub on wheels. You have one already so you know of their therapeutic benefits. The extra weight will provide the traction you desire.
2. Duct tape the tailgate closed from inside and seal up any extra holes in bed. May I recommend gorilla tape. Proceed to ready mix plant and pour in a few inches of concrete. Once again the extra weight should provide the traction you desire.
3. It's boring as hell but if simplicity is better, buy some bags of sand. It's cheap and removable. 400 lbs from axle back should be plenty.

duanehydro

Ok, so far very valuable input... crazy.gif
Kenny, I plan on installing a posi unit this winter. It's an open style unit. Thinking about the bfg rugged trail tires. They have a fairly aggressive tread design, for a highway type tire. Just wanted to start a lil conversation....should've known better by now, don't know what the hell I was thinkin.... :smile29:

Disturbed

I know we're not comparing apples to apples but, I used to have the Michelin LTX M/S2 tires on my truck.  My truck probably weighs just a little more than yours.  LOL.  For the sake of discussion, they had good wet pavement/boat ramp handling.  I only had to use 4WD when the ramp on the river had mud on it.

Devilman

Duanehydro said:
Ok, so far very valuable input... crazy.gif
Kenny, I plan on installing a posi unit this winter. It's an open style unit. Thinking about the bfg rugged trail tires. They have a fairly aggressive tread design, for a highway type tire. Just wanted to start a lil conversation....should've known better by now, don't know what the hell I was thinkin.... :smile29:

Locking unit ought to make a big difference. My Lightning has never had a problem on any ramp & I figure the locker is most of the reason for that. 4.10 gears may help as well. Tires, I do know when I was running the low pro BFG's & then later the Road Huggers I had more tire spin than I do with the Goodyear Eagles that I ended up putting on it. I can't recall the last time it spun a tire on a ramp since putting those on. Carole's Dodge has the same tires & it hasn't had problems anywhere either, quad cab being a little heavier than a single cab may play a part in that.

Now, far as the fatty's on the bumper, that was standard operating procedure for my dad's old truck back in the day, so there is some technical merit to that comment as well. :wink: :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
There's enough dead weight in this crowd to help put some weight in the bed! :evil: :evil: