New project.....not a boat

greaser

Just couldnt pass it up. Price was right. It has a fresh mildly built small block and tranny. Plans include, to lay it out of course, on a set of 24" billets. Keep the body mostly stock, and interior stock, just make it real clean. Paint it gloss black with EVERYTHING in the interior blood red.

Attachments

• 68chevy 003.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 68chevy 004.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 68chevy 005.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 68chevy 006.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 102

KONA77

is that a long wheel base,  looks like,  but anyway my father n law and uncle n law was/is looking for a project just like that but they want a short wheel base,  what does the set up on the rear end look like?    take a photo under it and post... im curious

Devilman

That has the makins for a sweet lil street ride fo sho... Love that body style. I still like to have a GMC version though, with the quad headlights... :cool:

Thought about ya yesterday too with the lowered rides. On the way home from work had to flip a you-ee right quick. Spotted a '63 Deville... Black 2 door, dropped some, on looked like 20s....  :evil: Pretty sweet...

Roger, looks like that truck has that old trailing arm/coil sprung type rear end...

73 Sanger Flat

Look like a short wheel base to me ,  and I agree with Kenny that is has the trailing arms and coil springs .

Bert , I have a staright white front bumber if you can't find one for it .. It is the original one off of my 68 Chevy that I saved ,when i put a chrome bumber on mine .

KONA77

that is what i was wandering.... my uncle painted one with it under it and he is looking for one as a project street rod....  that is a bad azz setup  :smile16:

Devilman

KONA77 said:
that is what i was wandering.... my uncle painted one with it under it and he is looking for one as a project street rod....  that is a bad azz setup  :smile16:

Roger, if they wouldn't mind a long bed, I know where one been sittin on a car lot for a good while. Later model than that though, different grille. Probably a '71, '72...

73 Sanger Flat

My dads neighbor got a 72 longwheel base for sale also . rebuilt engine , trans and new tires , probable pick it up for about 3500.00. it a factory AC cab also , does not work right now . It runs and drives good .

Sorry Bert for jacking your thread ..

KONA77

do they have the coil spring rear suspension under them....  i will mention it them.... and sorry bert,  but it's been awhile since the has been a thread jacking  :grin:

greaser

No problem Billy.

The truck is a swb, and has the coil springs in the rear, but not for long. Gonna switch it out with a kp components cantilever 6 link with a watts link.

TahitiRat

I like those old chevys/gmcs. My granddad had a 72 longwheel base, it was sold when he died and i found it a couple years ago no eng. or drivetrain but he won't sell it, its just seting there rotting for about 5 years i know of but he says hes going to build it. I'm nice everytime I talk to him but I want to kick his ass. I'v even offered more then it worth. Sorry for the rant I like the project

73 Sanger Flat

KONA77 said:
do they have the coil spring rear suspension under them....  i will mention it them.... and sorry bert,  but it's been awhile since the has been a thread jacking  :grin:

yes the 72 long wheel base my dad's neighbor has is the trailing arm and coil spring set up ..

That will be a cool ride bert , once you get it finished .

greaser

These are the 2 sets of wheels I have it narrowed down to.

250_vista_twisted.jpg

250_vista_II_5.jpg

Prolly gonna be the most expensive part of the build.

KONA77

I'm not sure which set i like but the first set is different,  and i like being different,  but they are cool  :smile17: