New Mexico Lake Trip

customtouch

Since it has been pretty boring around here lately I might as well post up some boring pictures of my trip to NM that I just got back from. Since my Mother's health has been declining rapidly in the last few months I decided to make a trip back to Clovis and take my parents out for what will probably be their last boat outing. I basically drove 1,300 miles round trip to take them out for 2hrs on Ute Lake which used to be my old stomping grounds. Went out on the lake late last Friday afternoon for a quick buzz around the lake. My mom did not feel up to it but my dad, brother, and his special needs daughter really enjoyed it. Weather was great for it even if it was a very short jaunt.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome man! Glad you made it out there and back with out a hitch! Looks like some nice water! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

customtouch

Patchman said:
Awesome man! Glad you made it out there and back with out a hitch! Looks like some nice water! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Did have a blow out on the trailer on the return trip so I guess I will be buying a new set of tires for it. Other than that it went pretty smooth. :smile17:

customtouch

It is a pretty nice little lake. They have raised it 50 or so feet from when I used to be on it all the time so it was pretty much unrecognizable to me but still a cool lake. Lots of memories and stories on that lake. We had our high school senior year party there along with MANY others afterwards!! I was up there almost every weekend for as many years as I can remember so it brought back a lot memories being on it again. THE GLORY DAYS!!!  LOL!!

Devilman

Cool deal & a heckuva trip.  :smile17: Sux about the tire but glad it wasn't any worse.

That anywhere close to Elephant Butte lake? We had tentative plans to go there some years back. Was supposed to be a "meet in the middle" type gathering with some west coast folks from another board some of us were on, but it never materialized.

customtouch

Devilman said:
Cool deal & a heckuva trip.  :smile17: Sux about the tire but glad it wasn't any worse.

That anywhere close to Elephant Butte lake? We had tentative plans to go there some years back. Was supposed to be a "meet in the middle" type gathering with some west coast folks from another board some of us were on, but it never materialized.

No.....not really close. Elephant Butte is way farther west and south from Ute. Ute is just a little north west of Lubbock while Elephant Butte is south of  Albuquerque about half way between Las Cruses and Albuquerque. It is an ok lake and I went there a couple of times many, many years ago in my old Nordic v-drive until I ran up on a shallow spot out in the middle of the lake. Thank god I was only idling at the time because it was only about 18" deep and it tore up the entire drive train of my boat. Real lucky it didn't sink and I've never been back!! :smile15:  They have had a couple of Poker Runs there in the past but I still had no desire to go back. I think I'm done with that lake!!  :grin:

customtouch

Knotty said:
Good pics.  your boat does look a lot deeper than mine.

Yea, I think it is. I have been pretty happy with it so far and the wife is much happier with it than the Glastron so I guess I will be keeping this one for a long time. It's pretty big for a little boat!! :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Knotty said:
Good pics.  your boat does look a lot deeper than mine.

Yea, I think it is. I have been pretty happy with it so far and the wife is much happier with it than the Glastron so I guess I will be keeping this one for a long time. It's pretty big for a little boat!! :smile17:
As long as mamma is happy! :smile17: :smile17: :smile17: