New Member with sooo many question

Chevy Powered

CorDog009 said:
stangcorey said:
taylormanss said:
stangcorey said:
First off this site is awesome. I'm new to jet boating. I recently bought the 1974 yellow sangar that is on the jetboatperformance.com website. Any comments, good or bad?? Tom at jet boat performance seems like a real nice guy and was def willing to go the extra mile to make me feel comfortable with buying a boat I had never seen in person. I plan on getting a crash course of jet boating 101 from him when i pick it up. Any places to boat around the Beaumont area? Plus what are some of the first bolts on I should be looking at and thinking about? Thanks again.

I live in port arthur, if ya need a hand with anything feel free to give me a call,i have run my jet boat in the neches up where vdrivenman mentioned, i mostly run the san jac over in crosby, we put in at love's marina. like i said if ya need help with the boat or modifications just let me know. 361-230-2563 randall

Hey thanks! I'm still waiting on the title, towbar, and trim to be mailed to me. Been a little afraid to go racing down the river with no registration. I'm taking the boat in to have the trailer worked on tomorrow. The guys name is Royce and his place is across the golf center on college in BMT? He seems to know his stuff. As it is right now its almost impossible to load without another person. I cant wait to get out on the water and meet some of yall. What do you think about putting 2 u-bolts on the back of the boat. Or is that unnecessary to strap the back down when towing? figured they'd be nice to use while docking also

To strap the back down, take a ratchet strap and run it across the pump and hook either side onto the corners of the trailer or some place easy to get to. Don't tighten it down much, leave a little slack in the strap so it doesn't put alot of stress on the pump. If you must drill holes and run some transom tie-downs, these from Eddie Marine are a pimp way to go:
85c0cbd4efcb8a35cb864e3c61b040d8.image.69x80.jpg

thats what I have on mine they work great if you remember to put them on b4 you drive down the road  :smile17:

stangcorey

Thats a good website just to browse around on. I hadn't been there before. I think for now I'm going to hold off on drilling holes in the boat and just hope I don't get in a wreck while towing :smile15: