New Member with sooo many question

stangcorey

First off this site is awesome. I'm new to jet boating. I recently bought the 1974 yellow sangar that is on the jetboatperformance.com website. Any comments, good or bad?? Tom at jet boat performance seems like a real nice guy and was def willing to go the extra mile to make me feel comfortable with buying a boat I had never seen in person. I plan on getting a crash course of jet boating 101 from him when i pick it up. Any places to boat around the Beaumont area? Plus what are some of the first bolts on I should be looking at and thinking about? Thanks again.

Cookieman

Welcome to the site first of all. You have come to the right place for sure. You went to the right place to get your boat, and bought it from the right guy. Now all you have to do his hang on, learn what you can, ask as many questions that you want. You will get plenty of advice and help on boating from guys who have been doing this for years. You shouldn't ever have to boat alone for there are many hotboaters that live in your area.  Welcome again.Bill"cookieman"

sleek460

Welcome Corey, Tom's reputation is rock solid, you went to the right guy. I don't know about bolt ons, it depends on the size of your wallet  !!! I started jet boating in So Cal so the first bolt in I bought was a bimini top, out here in Texas I'm the ONLY one I know with a top !!! hope to see you this summer.

vdrivenman

if it does not have headers that is usually what i go for first!

as for as boating there are numerous places dependng on what u seek.  lots of clamp on guys hit beer can alley on the neches down by the mothball fleet.

some prefer the san jac river.  i prefer snake island out of twin dikes on sam rayburn or Texas island over on toledeo bend.

welcome to the site.

dragdaddyO

Welcome. :smile15: Headers are good or MSD is another money well spent upgrade. Maybe you can make it to Coleto Creek for Hydrofest.

C

CorDog009

coonass said:
welcome......................Is that the boat with the bed liner on it?

That one is a Southwind tunnel dragster. It's been for sale forever. Will probably stay that way with that bedliner all over it.
http://www.dragboatcity.com/boats-sale/brandon%20jet.html

stangcorey said:
First off this site is awesome. I'm new to jet boating. I recently bought the 1974 yellow sangar that is on the jetboatperformance.com website. Any comments, good or bad?? Tom at jet boat performance seems like a real nice guy and was def willing to go the extra mile to make me feel comfortable with buying a boat I had never seen in person. I plan on getting a crash course of jet boating 101 from him when i pick it up. Any places to boat around the Beaumont area? Plus what are some of the first bolts on I should be looking at and thinking about? Thanks again.

You picked a good guy to deal with  :smile22: Tom won't steer ya wrong  :smile15:

Devilman

CorDog009 said:
That one is a Southwind tunnel dragster. It's been for sale forever. Will probably stay that way with that bedliner all over it.
http://www.dragboatcity.com/boats-sale/brandon%20jet.html

$12,000?
confused.gif

10158lmao.gif
10158lmao.gif
10158lmao.gif
10158lmao.gif

sorry......
10158460.gif

C

CorDog009

coonass said:
just wondering why bed liner.................. :smile12:

I'd be willing to bet that there's something ugly hiding under that bedliner  :smile12: Plus there's no telling how much weight he added to the boat with it..and that stuff's not smooth either, probably causes a ton of drag going through the water.

Devilman

coonass said:
yes that is a little $$$ to get your first jet...............unless your a baller  :grin:

I just don't see it pulling much $$$ with it covered in bedliner(dealbreaker), bet thats why its been for sale so long... Oh well, to each his own. :cool:

C

CorDog009

coonass said:
CorDog009 said:
coonass said:
just wondering why bed liner.................. :smile12:

I'd be willing to bet that there's something ugly hiding under that bedliner  :smile12:

Thats what i was thinking, bet you could cover lots of cracks with that stuff

no biggy my boat has them , but i can see them  :smile23: :smile23:

I hear ya..mine has a couple cracks I need to get fixed.

C

CorDog009

Devilman said:
coonass said:
yes that is a little $$$ to get your first jet...............unless your a baller  :grin:

I just don't see it pulling much $$$ with it covered in bedliner(dealbreaker), bet thats why its been for sale so long... Oh well, to each his own. :cool:

Yep, nobody knows what is lurking under all that bedliner. If that was gel or paint it'd be a nice boat. I love those SWTDs.

dragdaddyO

Have you ever picked up a piece of cardboard with bedliner sprayed on it ? :smile14: He wasnt trying to save any weight. :smile24:

stangcorey

taylormanss said:
stangcorey said:

I live in port arthur, if ya need a hand with anything feel free to give me a call,i have run my jet boat in the neches up where vdrivenman mentioned, i mostly run the san jac over in crosby, we put in at love's marina. like i said if ya need help with the boat or modifications just let me know. 361-230-2563 randall

Hey thanks! I'm still waiting on the title, towbar, and trim to be mailed to me. Been a little afraid to go racing down the river with no registration. I'm taking the boat in to have the trailer worked on tomorrow. The guys name is Royce and his place is across the golf center on college in BMT? He seems to know his stuff. As it is right now its almost impossible to load without another person. I cant wait to get out on the water and meet some of yall. What do you think about putting 2 u-bolts on the back of the boat. Or is that unnecessary to strap the back down when towing? figured they'd be nice to use while docking also

sturat

i would not drill any holes in the boat that where 100% not needed. I do not as many jets do not tie down the back of the boat. my .02
I use the ski pole for the rear anchor line if needed.
Tom did not have the title for the boat?

stangcorey

He's suppose to be getting it. I'm guessing the hold up is on the state of CA. And they mailed him the wrong trim piece to put on so he is mailing that along with the towbar he said he'd throw on it before buying (didn't realize it wasnt on till I had already left the shop headed back to the great state of Texas). Its torture having this boat sitting in the driveway and not out there causing trouble in it! lol. Thanks for the advice,I wasnt thinking about once I get the towbar on I can just use that for docking

Chevy Powered

stangcorey said:

Neches River downtown BMT is where I used to go when I Lived there. Do you know a guy names Jeremy Jones?

C

CorDog009

stangcorey said:
taylormanss said:
stangcorey said:

I live in port arthur, if ya need a hand with anything feel free to give me a call,i have run my jet boat in the neches up where vdrivenman mentioned, i mostly run the san jac over in crosby, we put in at love's marina. like i said if ya need help with the boat or modifications just let me know. 361-230-2563 randall

Hey thanks! I'm still waiting on the title, towbar, and trim to be mailed to me. Been a little afraid to go racing down the river with no registration. I'm taking the boat in to have the trailer worked on tomorrow. The guys name is Royce and his place is across the golf center on college in BMT? He seems to know his stuff. As it is right now its almost impossible to load without another person. I cant wait to get out on the water and meet some of yall. What do you think about putting 2 u-bolts on the back of the boat. Or is that unnecessary to strap the back down when towing? figured they'd be nice to use while docking also

To strap the back down, take a ratchet strap and run it across the pump and hook either side onto the corners of the trailer or some place easy to get to. Don't tighten it down much, leave a little slack in the strap so it doesn't put alot of stress on the pump. If you must drill holes and run some transom tie-downs, these from Eddie Marine are a pimp way to go:
85c0cbd4efcb8a35cb864e3c61b040d8.image.69x80.jpg