new chrysler jet drives

I have new Chrysler jet drives with all hardware these were used back in the day for a lot of race boats there is an adapter plate you can buy to make them fit other motors....these are new and never been used for more info call 580-665-0119

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/bod/4388830647.html

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
Calling Cj! :smile21:
I already called him now to find some cash from somewhere and make a road trip to OK.  One is more than what I would want to spend but if I can get the cash to buy all 8 and be able to sell 6 of them would be some good cash.  I also know of a Chrysler marine Dealer that might want to buy some.  He might have some other parts as well he bought out a Chrysler Dealership and these were just what he has found in the parts so far.

Thanks Randall

oldbuck40

Noticed he said NEW! Wonder if he is wanting NEW price for them? Obsolete would be more like it. CJ something to think about,,these pumps and very handicapped by means of adapting anything to them. and performance. I would seriously think about dropping a berk or dominator in that boat if you intend to keep it,,,besides you have the skills to do it.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
oldbuck40 said:
Noticed he said NEW! Wonder if he is wanting NEW price for them? Obsolete would be more like it. CJ something to think about,,these pumps and very handicapped by means of adapting anything to them. and performance. I would seriously think about dropping a berk or dominator in that boat if you intend to keep it,,,besides you have the skills to do it.
Man don't go and get the boy all confused now! crazy.gif :smile28:

oldbuck40

Patchman said:
oldbuck40 said:
Man don't go and get the boy all confused now! crazy.gif :smile28:
Too late lol! But you do see the so called B a s t a r d pump,,,right? Might as well be a Panther

ChryslerJet

oldbuck

I appreciate the advice and I wanted to keep it original, I know it wont be fast or be able to made to handle a lot of HP.  I have my pump and if it ever went out I was going to consider going down that road to putting a berkley in it.  If I end up with two of these as I am planning then this boat will be the family boat and stay as original as it can. 

I have the Vdrive if I want to go fast.  I can always get another hull to play with later to really go fast with a Berk pump.

I am not planning on getting all 8 he has I know a guy that might just want these and going to try to make a deal we can all live with.  The good thing is this guy selling these just bought out an old dealership so he may have more Chrysler specific parts that I may need or would like to have as backups.  Like a CounterClockwise Starter.

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
See if he will buy your stuff and then go out and get something running.
He has 8 new drives what would he want with a extremely worn one and even if he did want it I would get less than I have in the entire boat.  Plus then I would have to buy a berkley.  Nah better money is just to finish what I have.  Worst case is I use my pump which is worn but usable.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
ChryslerJet said:
Crusader said:
See if he will buy your stuff and then go out and get something running.
He has 8 new drives what would he want with a extremely worn one and even if he did want it I would get less than I have in the entire boat.  Plus then I would have to buy a berkley.  Nah better money is just to finish what I have.  Worst case is I use my pump which is worn but usable.

Isn't your pump cracked?  How much does he want for one of them?

ChryslerJet

Last Mohican said:
Yes mine is cracked and I am looking at getting at least one of them.  He wants $750 for one, which is not a bad price.  I also got a price for all 8 and talking to someone I know that may buy the rest for him to resell and at that price I would get mine for the cost of travel expenses to go get them and then meet up with the buyer later.  If I work the right deals for a trade for them might even make a little money on them.

I was responding to the wise cracks about putting in a Berkley that it would be cheaper to weld up my pump.  Infact it probably still is cheaper but this way I have all new old stock components not worn components like the wear ring and impeller and bearings.  I will see how things play out.  I don't think he will get a buyer for all of them any time soon.  I am also still waiting to find out what other Chrysler Marine parts he may uncover.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
ChryslerJet said:
Last Mohican said:
Yes mine is cracked and I am looking at getting at least one of them.  He wants $750 for one, which is not a bad price.  I also got a price for all 8 and talking to someone I know that may buy the rest for him to resell and at that price I would get mine for the cost of travel expenses to go get them and then meet up with the buyer later.  If I work the right deals for a trade for them might even make a little money on them.

I was responding to the wise cracks about putting in a Berkley that it would be cheaper to weld up my pump.  Infact it probably still is cheaper but this way I have all new old stock components not worn components like the wear ring and impeller and bearings.  I will see how things play out.  I don't think he will get a buyer for all of them any time soon.  I am also still waiting to find out what other Chrysler Marine parts he may uncover.

I think he will have a hard time getting $750 for them.  Let him sit on them for a while.  $200 - $300 seems like a more reasonable price.  Even though they are NOS there just isn't any demand.

ChryslerJet

Last Mohican said:
ChryslerJet said:
Last Mohican said:

I think he will have a hard time getting $750 for them.  Let him sit on them for a while.  $200 - $300 seems like a more reasonable price.  Even though they are NOS there just isn't any demand.
I agree there is not any demand and he is misinformed about them being used for racing as they really never were.  They are pretty much only valuable to people like me who want them for a restoration.  If push came to shove and I wasn't able to run a Chrysler Jet Drive I would swap in a Berkley and it wouldn't be too difficult but would be about the same price to switch everything over.

There is some value in the scrap as there is a lot of aluminum and stainless in the pump.  They are not light.

ChryslerJet

blazeracer said:
ChryslerJet said:
I appreciate the advice and I wanted to keep it original,

Just like it was at the factory, completely disassembled and the hull in two pieces.  jump.gif
Actually cap is going back on this week.  Need to finish out the glass work on the transom and the cap goes back on.  I have some time before I need to put the Jet back in since I still have stringers and floors to do first.