New Boat ... SWTD ...

Drumzilla

Got a great deal on a SWTD.. never have owned one of these but always liked the way they looked.. So we will see...

The cocktail seats looked really good but were not a good choice for this set up.. Mounted to the sides (as they should be) and pushed as far back as they could go I could barely sit behind the steering wheel and then when I did get there since they are mounted flush to the sides of the boat the drivers seat was about 5 inches left of the steering wheel and since they could not be moved to the right also could barely get my toes on the gas pedal..

So I took them out and cleaned the floors which were hidden from those long ass seats and man it cleaned up nicely..
Found a guy looking for seats and sold them.. Found 2 nice used buckets with covers for have of what i sold the seats for so it was a win win..

Here are a few pics.... :smile27:

Attachments

• Eds2yessss.jpg
    Eds2yessss.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 89
  • yepp.jpg
    yepp.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 88
  • yep.jpg
    yep.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93
  • 50322078_363979504391392_6442511292585476096_n.jpg
    50322078_363979504391392_6442511292585476096_n.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 51685664_410913539452615_3530975408126164992_n.jpg
    51685664_410913539452615_3530975408126164992_n.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190202_182649~2.jpg
    20190202_182649~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • 20190202_182542~2.jpg
    20190202_182542~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
  • 51899435_682350098848400_8722932768331268096_n.jpg
    51899435_682350098848400_8722932768331268096_n.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20190204_201359~.jpg
    20190204_201359~.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61

Devilman

Didn't you just have some white v hull of some sort after getting rid of that black boat?  You sure go thru them, lol. crazy.gif :smile16: That's a good looking boat, I always liked the looks of the tunnel dragsters. The can get squirrley on the big end if not set up right, I know that. :smile28: Be careful with that thing with that big mota. :smile14: That's cool about finding the floor in such good shape, like icing on the cake. :smile17:

Now you & David can be SWTD buddies. :smile16:

Drumzilla

Yep Kenny.. I sold the motor out of the Sideskraft Daytona because i was in a money situation and then I was  just going to keep the Daytona and put a stock 454 back in it to use this summer but I got an offer for it w/o the motor from a guy in Washington state I couldn't pass up..13K..and in December thats pretty sweet..  soooo...

So then i came across this Challenger with a 460 in it in really good shape that Farrell Hill got in a trade deal and was selling real cheap so I was going to use it this summer until i saved some more money or came across a good dealand then sell it.. then...

Well, my nephew 38yrs old married with two kido's, came over and saw it and fell in love with it and offered me a little more then i paid for it so off it went..  then...

I saw the SWTD for sale for a few months for more then i wanted to pay so i figured hell I'll throw him out an "Ed Popp" offer and see what happens....bingo...now i own a SWTD...LOL

I asked Jasson Lee, who owned one for a few years what he thought about them and i asked a few others and everyone seemed to half good things to say about them so as soon as this weather gets a tad bit better I will definately see for myself.. I got my fingers crossed...
Heres a pic of that Challeger jet boat...

:smile27:

Drumzilla

Not me Stevo... :smile17:

I have flipped a few but most of them were bought with good intentions.. If I have some extra cash it's hard for me to pass up a good deal.. I do love jet boats..

customtouch

Devilman said:
Didn't you just have some white v hull of some sort after getting rid of that black boat?  You sure go thru them, lol. crazy.gif :smile16: That's a good looking boat, I always liked the looks of the tunnel dragsters. The can get squirrley on the big end if not set up right, I know that. :smile28: Be careful with that thing with that big mota. :smile14: That's cool about finding the floor in such good shape, like icing on the cake. :smile17:

Now you & David can be SWTD buddies. :smile16:

Only problem with that is, his will probably be sold and longet gone before mine ever sees the water!  LOL!
BTW..... Nice boat Ed!  Congrats

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:

I have flipped a few but most of them were bought with good intentions.. If I have some extra cash it's hard for me to pass up a good deal.. I do love jet boats..

Boat flipping isn't a bad thing, just means you haven't found that forever boat! You know the one you will eat Ramen for months on end to keep it in your possession! :smile14:

customtouch

Patchman said:
DrumZilla said:

Boat flipping isn't a bad thing, just means you haven't found that forever boat! You know the one you will eat Ramen for months on end to keep it in your possession! :smile14:

There you go Steve,  bragging  on your high fluting life style eating gourmet meals all the time like Ramem Noodles. You don't have to rub our noses in it!!! :smile19:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, they are gourmet. I mite even get mac&cheese tonight. Well, we are hoping for the cheese! :smile23:

Devilman

DrumZilla said:
Yep Kenny.. I sold the motor out of the Sideskraft Daytona because i was in a money situation and then I was  just going to keep the Daytona and put a stock 454 back in it to use this summer but I got an offer for it w/o the motor from a guy in Washington state I couldn't pass up..13K..and in December thats pretty sweet..  soooo...

So then i came across this Challenger with a 460 in it in really good shape that Farrell Hill got in a trade deal and was selling real cheap so I was going to use it this summer until i saved some more money or came across a good dealand then sell it.. then...

Well, my nephew 38yrs old married with two kido's, came over and saw it and fell in love with it and offered me a little more then i paid for it so off it went..  then...

I saw the SWTD for sale for a few months for more then i wanted to pay so i figured hell I'll throw him out an "Ed Popp" offer and see what happens....bingo...now i own a SWTD...LOL

I asked Jasson Lee, who owned one for a few years what he thought about them and i asked a few others and everyone seemed to half good things to say about them so as soon as this weather gets a tad bit better I will definately see for myself.. I got my fingers crossed...
Heres a pic of that Challeger jet boat...

:smile27:

I gotcha, quite a situation but sounds like it worked out well all the way around.  clap.gif To clarify, I wasn't saying the SWTDs were unsafe or anything like that... I have ridden in a couple... and one of them at a relatively low speed felt like it was all over the place... and I normally don't get nervous but I was that day, lol. I just attributed that to the set up on that particular boat not being dialed in I guess you'd call it, lol. Anyway, look forward to seeing it & you on the water sometime when the weather gets right again.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
We all know Kenny gets nervous in fast boats. He gets nervous when he rides in all of mine! :smile17:

Devilman

I get nervous in your boats because all the dust & cobwebs from sitting mess with my allergies and I may have a reaction or something crazy.gif :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
Steve when was the last time you had the ole Hawaiian out ?  and the Sanger ?  think.gif
The Hawaiian needs to run this year! I need to get off my but and finish my new engine cover. I have formulated a new plan for it that will give it some bling that I think the ol girl deserves! :smile30:

You where there the last time the Anger Sanger hit the water! crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
I get nervous in your boats because all the dust & cobwebs from sitting mess with my allergies and I may have a reaction or something crazy.gif :smile16:
:smile16: clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif Well played sir!