Milking your Oil? Food for thought...

Becket

I have had one of them there Blinding light Moments, I think they refer to this as an "Epiphany", Through the course of the Engine work I have done with my Sled, one thing never really got settled, One Engine would slightly milk the Oil and the Next would not, I never really could pin down the Cause one way of the other, BUT, Looking back, the only difference between the one that would and the one that wouldn't was the Intake gaskets, the one that would, did NOT have the Factory style Vally Pan, the one that wouldn't, DID.

Here is where this is going, My Tunnel Ram Sweats like a Wh*re in Church, when I pulled the Intake off when it had the Vally pan Gasket, the Pan was FULL of clean Water??.....So, My conclusion is that I was Milking the Oil slightly with the Condensation from the Intake, Sweat outside, Sweat inside, Right?

My Solution; I do not want to have a Vally Pan full of Water, and I don't want Milk for Oil, I am going to Powder coat the outside of the Vally Pan and Scallop the T/R, this will do two things for me, #1, the Runners will stay Cooler because there will be no hot oil on the Runners inside and Air flow around them, #2, this will STOP the Condensation from entering the Engine and not allow it to pool in the Pan. (Air flow again)

Food for thought if you are having issues with Milking the Oil.............

jdeaton

That's some pretty heavy thinking, far above my edumacation level.  So yeah, sound right. clap.gif

Becket

oldbuck40 said:
Whats your water temp running? (Normal)?
Gotta run the Hell out of it to get it over 150, that said, it is "Normally" above 150.

I am going to make some changes with this Build and try to warm it up some more, I could always Steam the Oil clean before.

oldbuck40

Gas-Hole said:
oldbuck40 said:
Whats your water temp running? (Normal)?
Gotta run the Hell out of it to get it over 150, that said, it is "Normally" above 150.

I am going to make some changes with this Build and try to warm it up some more, I could always Steam the Oil clean before.
Yea i was just wondering,,I had the same problem with the old blower motor until i closed the valve a little on the supply line coming out of the pump,,that finally got the temp up bout 180 190 and it seemed to cure itself.