lucass

jimsplace

FL350 said:
Fuel boats are required to be outrigger type , so they would of course be newer.

Not true. He was in Phoenix just this past weekend.

OK, how about Outrigger is required for Top Fuel in SDBA and Lucas for new boats.
Sorry for the misinformation.

I was sure I had read it someplace, at some time.

SDBA and Lucas seem to allow a Fuel boat that was registered in 2016 as Top Fuel to continue running that class, however.

SDBA & Lucas rules
3.1.1d Hulls – TFH must use “out-rigger” type hull (existing registered TFH, in 2016 are allowed). All other classes may use any hull design as designated by class, with the exception that no blown engines will be permitted in any Professional class jet boat with a V-bottom.
    :smile17:

jimsplace

whitetrash148 said:
Jimsplace, he told me the heat and sun will " dry " out the glass to the point that it is brittle and looses its integrity (strength). I tend to agree with him after helping repair a few race boats including mine. Of course you don't find this out until you put the boat in a bad situation.

I know the sun and heat is not good for fiberglass, or most things for that matter.
I'm thinking about some of the boats I'm aware of, and they have been in the heat and sun less than most of us.
I know mine may be in the heat and sun 2 to 3 days a week during the summer months, and then inside where it's heated and air conditioned the rest of the year.
On the other hand, I also know that many sit outside all year.

Fiberglass that is protected from the sun is pretty durable, but if the glass is exposed to UV rays like the sun's, it'll go bad quickly.

I have no doubts that a 30 year old boat can show signs of aging, but you have to admit there are still a lot out there racing, and will probably be out there a long time from now.

In other words take care of the boats, they are not indestructible for sure.
    :smile17: