lucass

Disturbed

whitetrash148 said:
Grapevine said the 16' texas tunnel was outlawed.

Yes.  That's a fact.  I do remember something about a grandfather clause.  Warhawk boats are exempt as well. 

Disturbed

That grandfather thing may have been only applicable to the Fuel boat change.  It didn't really apply to us so, I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. 

whitetrash148

Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty good glass man tell me a 30 yr. old glass race boat should be limited in what class (speed) it should be allowed to run.

Disturbed

whitetrash148 said:
Also heard 50' rope is a done deal unless there are issues.

Yep.  They said if it doesn't work, they'll go back.  The starting lights are moving out to maintain the same distance from the rope to the lights. 

whitetrash148

Well I see they came to their senses and moved the rope back to 125', so much for safety's sake. From what I read ET changed but speed went up. Hmmmm recon they just turned um up. Dang Lucass just leave things alone!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That means we should be right where we left off last year! :smile17: :smile17: :smile17:

jimsplace

whitetrash148 said:
Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty good glass man tell me a 30 yr. old glass race boat should be limited in what class (speed) it should be allowed to run.

I have been pondering what you posted, and have wondered if he gave you any insight on limiting 30 year old boats. (1987 or older)

I've wondered about the subject too. 

There are many 30 year old race boats, and generally I do not hear about they're being a problem if the boat has not been abused.
Most of the boats we see at the races are probably 30 years old or very close to that, and some are running some impressive numbers.  (It's all relative of course)

Fuel boats are required to be outrigger type , so they would of course be newer.
Probably most of the BAH and Alcohol Flats are probably newer, but not all.
Fuel Jets would all be newer because  the vast majority of the ones from the 80s and 90s crashed.

But, that still leaves a lot of flats and hydros out there that are either that old or near it.
I'm guessing there are a lot of jets in the same age range.

What do you think?
    :smile17:

FL350

Administrator
Fuel boats are required to be outrigger type , so they would of course be newer.

Not true. He was in Phoenix just this past weekend.

whitetrash148

Jimsplace, he told me the heat and sun will " dry " out the glass to the point that it is brittle and looses its integrity (strength). I tend to agree with him after helping repair a few race boats including mine. Of course you don't find this out until you put the boat in a bad situation.