Lucas/ Sdba association

Disturbed

whitetrash148 said:
Just saw email of increase and payment site of membership dues increase. I plan on requesting a  complete and detailed handout of  the financial statement , including all receipts and expenses for 2017 to each member at the general membership meeting in Feb. I urge each and every member to do the same. Look for entry fees to increase also!

Don't request.  Demand it!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well if membership goes up with the current regime, and they cancelled half of their races last year. Sounds like a formula for a failing organization trying desperately to save it's self. I'd imagine membership will be way down, and the SDBA can't afford that.  :smile24: Time for someone to come to it's rescue! I think Royal Purple should take over the SDBA so they could compete against Lucas! :evil:

FL350

Administrator
Patchman said:
Well if membership goes up with the current regime, and they cancelled half of their races last year. Sounds like a formula for a failing organization trying desperately to save it's self. I'd imagine membership will be way down, and the SDBA can't afford that.  :smile24: Time for someone to come to it's rescue! I think Royal Purple should take over the SDBA so they could compete against Lucas! :evil:

Lol! Schaeffer's Oil!!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
FL350 said:
Patchman said:

Lol! Schaeffer's Oil!!!
I wanted to say Shaeffer's, but I figure Royal Purple is more known!

whitetrash148

I will have to correct myself, that increase in membership went into effect Jan. 2017. If there are 6 races in 2018 that will be a total of $1750 for membership and entry fee in the River Racer class. Seems excessive to me. Also was informed that there would no longer be  a $25 discount for preregistration. All these seem to be great ways to get new racers started. NOT!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Now I know why they say you have to pay to go play! All this time I thought that just pertained to golf! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

whitetrash148

Just saw SDBA schedule for 2018---I will probably will not go to Pine Bluff , Ark--674mi. one way, Evansville, Il.---880mi one way or Wheatland MO.---676 mi. one way, and mabey not Grove or Chouteau, Ok.--541 and 518 mi. one way . So much for 6 solos. so much for trying for a Hi Points Champ. Ya'll have fun!

FL350

Administrator
That schedule is a fiasco. You have 2 races 5 days apart and others 2 weeks. I made a comment on Facebook to one of those "old board members" about let's see how many they actually do. He got all butt hurt and replied with a smart ass remark and then deleted my remark.
They need to listen to the racers! They raised those membership fees and how many races did they put on last year? All they are trying to do is say come member up with us, we have lots of races. When in actuality they will cancel 90% of those on that schedule.

FL350

Administrator
Well guys as some of you might have seen from the SDBA email I have put my letter in to be a board member. It's time we HAVE to change this mess.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Hope some changes can come. I don't see that schedule enticing new membership. Mite actually scare some away. It's time for a big shake up in this organization! Way to go on the running man. We all know you are passionate about boat racing rather it be in a straight line or a circle. Racing is racing! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Disturbed

FL350 said:
Well guys as some of you might have seen from the SDBA email I have put my letter in to be a board member. It's time we HAVE to change this mess.

I was going to do the same thing until I couldn't get a returned phone call.  I just wanted to discuss the logistics of being a board member.  I don't have time in my life to babysit and hound people.  Besides, its not in my nature.  I prefer to deal with adults.

Disturbed

I already have to babysit a hydro driver.  I don't need to babysit several.......  :smile26:

I closed the daycare down years ago.  crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
I already have to babysit a hydro driver.  I don't need to babysit several.......  :smile26:

Change ain't gonna happen with that attitude! :evil:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:

Change ain't gonna happen with that attitude! :evil:

:smile23:

It won't change without changing people.