Lucas/ Sdba association

FL350

Administrator
Well thanks everyone. I'm just looking out what's best for the racers interest.
Tim I totally understand. You would make a great board member too! What happened with you never needs to happen again.

Knotty Girl

There will be some solid leadership that will be overseeing SDBA. I also was scratching my head and had some serious concerns.  I got some good news today that I do not have the authority to revel at this time. Someone the board will have to listen to.  jump.gif

jimsplace

Knotty said:
There will be some solid leadership that will be overseeing SDBA. I also was scratching my head and had some serious concerns.  I got some good news today that I do not have the authority to revel at this time. Someone the board will have to listen to.  jump.gif

Is your wife on the board?
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
jimsplace said:
Knotty said:

Is your wife on the board?
Even though they need her, it would be a very cold day in you nowhere before that happened! :smile14:

Disturbed

The SDBA is now SDBA, LLC and is owned by Tommy Thompson. 

He plans to bring the fuel boats back to the SDBA along with TV covering more than just the classes.  He wants people to see the 'family'. 

Also, Lake Racers, show up at least once this year to an SDBA race and race in the Lake Racer class for FREE!  (It's only free for one race.  If you show up at the next one, you'll have to pay.)

You'll still need ballistic shorts, long pants/sleeves, rope deflector, kill switch, life jacket, and helmet.  Max speed of 100 MPH in 1000 feet.

Knotty Girl

I cannot remember being more excited about racing in SDBA than now. Rome was not built over night but it was built. Listening to Tommy I think he is dedicated to turning it around and is very concerned about the racers needs and wants. Not real sure how Lucas will respond in the next few years. I am thinking after this year if all goes well we might just run SDBA. Depends on how many races they secure. We are ready to go this year, the guys got Lucky Draw ready!  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

jimsplace

clap.gif
I cannot image anyone better to oversee SDBA than Tommy Thompson.  I've known him for years and he's one of the most hands on, dedicated boat racing influential individuals I can imagine.  Tommy has touched the lives or helped so many people connected with dragboats it's almost unreal.  He put me in touch with the owner of the Cole I have now, which he helped sponsor earlier.