Lubbock people? I'm moving there in the next month...

FormulaZR

So - I'm moving to Lubbock at the end of July/first of August. Any members up there?

Where do we go boating? The only thing I can find is Lake Allen Henry. How is it?

Jen and I will be moving so she can go to Texas Tech law school.......we'll have almost no friends there...so I'm hoping I can find some nice THB folks.

PurpleLiberator

I live in New Mexico but Alan Henry is my home lake. Very nice lake. I think it's about an hr from Lubbock. There's a little lake called buffalo spings in Lubbock but its not worth going to.if you want il let you know when I go and maybe we can meet up. 

Firefish

FZR - You will find there is a lot of boating in Lubbock, Texas!  Our local lake Buffalo Springs, is hosting the SDBA/Lucas "Thunder in the Canyon" drag boat races on August 17-18th 2013.  We have events of all kinds here at the lake, all year long.  Also on Wednesday evenings, we have "Performance boat test and tune".  This is from 6:00PM until dark, when there are enough boats that want it (Drag boats, Lake racers, Circle boats, etc.).  Buffalo Springs is 5 miles east on 50th Street.

Alan Henry is a beautiful Lake, owned by the City of Lubbock, one hour south at Justiceburg (Post) Texas.  Good fishing lake, and play lake on the weekends.  There is only one public dock/ramp.  Henry is a deep lake with steep sides, no beaches or sandbars, but plenty of clear clean water.

White River Lake - 45 minutes east near Spur Texas - Almost Dry!!!

Give us a shout when you get here, we'll show you around!  jump.gif

PurpleLiberator

I've been to buffalo springs twice on the weekend. There were so many jet skis I couldn't even drive. It may be better at night when not all the idiots are out. I kinda felt like a NASCAR driver making all the laps though.

FormulaZR

Sounds good guys...I'll let you guys know when I finally get up there.

So...Buffalo Springs has enough water to go boating?

Firefish

FZR - Buffalo Springs Lake is level full!  We are probably the only lake in WestTexas that is full.  Our lake is spring fed, and the first lake on the Brazos river.  Like NMLiberator said, it is crowded on the weekends, so come early or stay late to run your hotboats.

FormulaZR

Cool, sounds good.

I am looking forward to getting there...instead of dreading the move while we close on the house.

72hondo

FormulaZR said:
Cool, sounds good.

I am looking forward to getting there...instead of dreading the move while we close on the house.

Let me know if ya need something big or weird shipped from the metroplex. I have three daily departures to LBB out of DFW.

whitetrash148

Yes its on, $10k Pro Mod shoot out, Quality Inn-$75,Buffalo Springs Race Rate, 3 day ticket $30, Fri S&s $6, Sat Qual. $15, Sun. Finals $20, cooler pass $20,  www.buffalospringslake.net, look us up in the pits, see you there

FormulaZR

NMliberator said:
I've been to buffalo springs twice on the weekend. There were so many jet skis I couldn't even drive. It may be better at night when not all the idiots are out. I kinda felt like a NASCAR driver making all the laps though.

It was good to meet you this weekend. Be sure to drop me a line whenever you come down to Lubbock/Alan Henry. I wanted to take you up on that beer offer...but we had to head back.

72hondo said:
Let me know if ya need something big or weird shipped from the metroplex. I have three daily departures to LBB out of DFW.

Will do. I guess I have to ask though...what kind of departures?

72hondo

FormulaZR said:
NMliberator said:

It was good to meet you this weekend. Be sure to drop me a line whenever you come down to Lubbock/Alan Henry. I wanted to take you up on that beer offer...but we had to head back.

72hondo said:

Will do. I guess I have to ask though...what kind of departures?

3 airplanes head out there every morning from DFW. One comes back to DFW at night.

FormulaZR

NMliberator said:
I don't know if you will be there yet or not but we will be at Alan Henry on the weekend of the aug 24.

I'll be in Lubbock. I finished moving a few days ago...so I'm in Lubbock now. Going to try to hit Alan Henry this week to get an idea of the lake.

PurpleLiberator

It's 10 low but still alt of water.  The ramp is steep and slick. If you have a. 4x4 I'd take it.  Lots of people can't get back up. I have a tow strap at all times.