Long story

Knotty Girl

Years ago I heard about this sight call THB, I got on it and saw there was a gathering called Welchfest. I decided to go with my outboard hot rod. No one spoke to me so assumed they did not like outboards.  Thought I would give them one more chance and go to a event called Sandbar bash.  I met Tim Rester, Steve Patch, and John Gomez. Thought  these guys are ok and fun to hang out with even though Steve was disappointed I was not a girl. Who would have known years later we would have formed the best best race team around. I am so greatfull to these three for all they have done for Knotty Racing. There enthusiasm and skills are incredible. After many trials and a couple seasons behind us we finally won our first race this weekend in Waco.  Not only am I fortunate to be on the team with them I am Blessed to call them friends.

Crusader

All of you guys rock!

Congrats on your win this past weekend...I bet you're still riding high on that adrenaline!

Disturbed

Knotty said:
Years ago I heard about this sight call THB, I got on it and saw there was a gathering called Welchfest. I decided to go with my outboard hot rod. No one spoke to me so assumed they did not like outboards.  Thought I would give them one more chance and go to a event called Sandbar bash.  I met Tim Rester, Steve Patch, and John Gomez. Though these guys are ok and fun to hang out with even though Steve was disappointed I was not a girl. Who would have known years later we would have formed the best best race team around. I am so greatfull to these three for all they have done for Knotty Racing. There enthusiasm and skills are incredible. After many trials and a couple seasons behind us we finally won our first race this weekend in Waco.  Not only am I fortunate to be on the team with them I am Blessed to call them friends.

Oh stop it.  You're going to get me all choked up.  crazy.gif

Squirrel chaser!  BTW, since most of y'all weren't there.  Henry went squirrel chasing again at the races on Saturday. 

customtouch

DISTURBED said:
Knotty said:
Years ago I heard about this sight call THB, I got on it and saw there was a gathering called Welchfest. I decided to go with my outboard hot rod. No one spoke to me so assumed they did not like outboards.  Thought I would give them one more chance and go to a event called Sandbar bash.  I met Tim Rester, Steve Patch, and John Gomez. Though these guys are ok and fun to hang out with even though Steve was disappointed I was not a girl. Who would have known years later we would have formed the best best race team around. I am so greatfull to these three for all they have done for Knotty Racing. There enthusiasm and skills are incredible. After many trials and a couple seasons behind us we finally won our first race this weekend in Waco.  Not only am I fortunate to be on the team with them I am Blessed to call them friends.

Oh stop it.  You're going to get me all choked up.  crazy.gif

Squirrel chaser!  BTW, since most of y'all weren't there.  Henry went squirrel chasing again at the races on Saturday.

So let's hear THAT long think.gif :smile27: story!!!!!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Still disappointed you aren't a chick! crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

One down, many more to go my friends!  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

jimsplace

For those having to deal with SDBA, what is your opinion after the first race?
The Racers I talked to seemed to have an optimistic outlook.

I've known the previous managers for a long time as well as the current and I'm optimistic.
The turnout of boats and spectators were good, or so it seemed.
    :smile17: 

jimsplace

Knotty said:
Years ago I heard about this sight call THB, I got on it and saw there was a gathering called Welchfest. I decided to go with my outboard hot rod. No one spoke to me so assumed they did not like outboards.  Thought I would give them one more chance and go to a event called Sandbar bash.  I met Tim Rester, Steve Patch, and John Gomez. Thought  these guys are ok and fun to hang out with even though Steve was disappointed I was not a girl. Who would have known years later we would have formed the best best race team around. I am so greatfull to these three for all they have done for Knotty Racing. There enthusiasm and skills are incredible. After many trials and a couple seasons behind us we finally won our first race this weekend in Waco.  Not only am I fortunate to be on the team with them I am Blessed to call them friends.

After rereading this again, I think it's worth commenting on.
As was mentioned not to long ago, you were lucky to have met the people you did.  Sometimes it happens to most of us.  I have my stories too, but I think you did a good job putting it into words and actually said it.  Some of us don't do a very good job with saying it.

With that being said, I hope you take care of these guys.  They make you look damn good.

Knotty Girl

jimsplace said:
Knotty said:

After rereading this again, I think it's worth commenting on.
As was mentioned not to long ago, you were lucky to have met the people you did.  Sometimes it happens to most of us.  I have my stories too, but I think you did a good job putting it into words and actually said it.  Some of us don't do a very good job with saying it.

With that being said, I hope you take care of these guys.  They make you look damn good.

Correct, TKS Jim