Lake Travis closed

customtouch

Well.....it went from being pretty much closed from a lack of water to now being closed because of too much water. Sheesh!!!! I was planning on going this weekend too since I finally got caught up enough with the house remodeling and the wife will be out of town but now I will have to try to find someplace that is still open. Any suggestions or anyone going to be at a lake somewhere? I'm going a little stir crazy here with lake withdrawal.

Devilman

customtouch said:
it went from being pretty much closed from a lack of water to now being closed because of too much water.

Crazy ain't it? Kinda reminds me of the old saying about Texas weather... if you don't like it, just give it a minute.... :cheesy: What about Canyon Lake?

Chevy2184

Medina lake is looking good! Come on down! We are going for Father's Day weekend...

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Devilman

Chevy2184 said:
Medina lake is looking good! Come on down! We are going for Father's Day weekend...

There ya go David... :smile17:

Chevy2184

Sure doesn't look like it? Looks about 10' over full?

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/canyon/Information/Parkclose.asp#Ramps

Devilman

LOL, the last time we boated on Canyon, was after a bunch of rain that summer & all the ramps on Canyon were closed except for one. No idea what the lake level was at the time, but luckily we were using a private area to launch from cuz that ramp was a clusterfukk of epic proportions. We actually launched off the shore & were hanging in an area that was normally 12-15 feet above the water. Most everywhere you looked at all the boathouses, only their roofs were visible. We were swimming over the tops of trees which was kind of creepy.  :smile20: Probably not very many times you could say you tied your boat off to the top of a tree, lol...

customtouch

Chevy2184 said:

You gonna be around this weekend?

Chevy2184

customtouch said:
Chevy2184 said:

Ol bert88 is getting married this weekend... So I prob won't be worth a chit this weekend lol 😎🍻

TexasJet

Are there any cabins or motels on or real near the lake? Where is a good place to launch? I was checking it out on goggle earth but didn't see much.

Bert88

Chevy2184 said:
customtouch said:
Chevy2184 said:

Ol bert88 is getting married this weekend... So I prob won't be worth a chit this weekend lol 😎🍻

If I had a choice I'd be going to lake medina instead! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy2184

Bandera is prob the closest town to get you a room... Plenty of places to eat and usually pretty hopping on the weekend... It's the self proclaimed cowboy capital of the world and at one time I think held a Guinness book world record for the most bars per capita lol... If you stay in bandera their is a county park on the pipe creek side of the lake that has a nice boat ramp I think is about 10$ a day to launch? Goat hill or pops place has nice ramps, and it's all prob less than 15 min from bandera?

customtouch

TexasJet said:
Are there any cabins or motels on or real near the lake? Where is a good place to launch? I was checking it out on goggle earth but didn't see much.

You in for going this weekend Jeff?

TexasJet

customtouch said:
TexasJet said:

You in for going this weekend Jeff?

Thinking about it. It's probably the closest place that decent.

customtouch

That is what it looks like to me too. I have been wanting to check out some new lakes and this is the first weekend I have had a break since the first of the year. I want to go somewhere and put some hours on the new boat. Let's go for it. Hell, you can ride with me if you don't want to haul your boat out there since I will be by myself anyway.