LAKE LEVELS

jimsplace

Anyone notice the lake levels changing a bit recently?
  I was concerned about the low water at Whitney, but it's rising.

I do feel sorry for some in the area, as the massive amounts of water did some damage.
    :smile17:

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Jim-I will let you know Saturday for Steel creek , Hoping to test that day ..

I'd talk to jj, Tony or EO, but my experience has been that when a lake comes up that fast, there will be a swift current and lots of debris in the water for a while.
My thought would be to wait at least a week and probably more.

I've only looked at the lake report, and I haven't talked to anyone.
http://whitney-tx.lakesonline.com/Level.asp

I know you are eager to try the boat, but it isn't worth hitting something.
On the other hand, if you make a pass going downstream, it would have to be worth another 4-6 mph. LOL

73 Sanger Flat

I understand all of that Jim , but I have to test the boat .. Only 3 weekend before the Waco race and that is counting this weekend ..

Dry Dock

E.O. had spoken with Paul Martin who lives near Kopperl, and Paul told him all kinds of debris floating down river now.... I would not be making any hard runs in the trash out there.

Going to take a week or more to clear out.

Crusader

The COE has been draining lavon for three days now and it's still 1.2 feet above full pool.....and it's filling faster than they can drain it! Lol...

I think this is a good problem to have right now.

73 Sanger Flat

Dry Dock said:
E.O. had spoken with Paul Martin who lives near Kopperl, and Paul told him all kinds of debris floating down river now.... I would not be making any hard runs in the trash out there.

Thanks Wayne -- I was hoping this weekend ,  I will get someone to go look maybe Friday for me ..but the 9th I will have to test some where .I can not go to a race and not have tested the boat

ChryslerJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Dry Dock said:

Thanks Wayne -- I was hoping this weekend ,  I will get someone to go look maybe Friday for me ..but the 9th I will have to test some where .I can not go to a race and not have tested the boat
You mean you don't want to test the boat in your first pass?
Why that's just  crazy.gif

73 Sanger Flat

OK --  We are going to wait until the 9th to test the boat .. Let the water settle down some .. JJ is making a couple of parts for the boat so we will be ready for Waco .. Thanks JJ for helping me ..

jimsplace

If you can get to Joe Pool during the week, You could make some test runs if the weather cooperates.
It's up some, but usually doesn't get a lot of trash like the Brazos would with all of it's water.

73 Sanger Flat

Jim - I wish I could make it to Joe Pool during the week .. getting up at 3:45 am and driving back and forth to work , by the time I get home , I am not going to head back into that traffic pulling the boat at rush hour .. Plus I have never like the water at Joe Pool for my boat taking a set .. I might have to hit it if I can't find a better spot before the race .. I need to make some test hits somewhere .. I want JJ to be able to make it also , so he can help me adjust the boat ..

jimsplace

After I posted about Joe Pool, my brain kicked in and I had second thoughts.
There should be someone else there with a boat to watch what your boat does. 
At Joe Pool during the week by yourself is really a bad idea.  Sorry for even suggesting it.

Friday afternoon when there is nice weather , there will be someone there.
You may not be able to run it out, but to see how it does taking a set when there aren't many boats isn't to bad. 
However, if JJ can be around wherever you go would be good.

customtouch

It's not much but it is something!! If it will just keep it up Travis might be usable this year.

http://kxan.com/2015/05/21/overnight-rain-falls-in-perfect-spot-for-lake-travis/

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
It's not much but it is something!! If it will just keep it up Travis might be usable this year.

http://kxan.com/2015/05/21/overnight-rain-falls-in-perfect-spot-for-lake-travis/
Something is better than nothing! clap.gif

customtouch

Heard Lake Travis has come up 7ft in the last 12hrs. Highest level it has been since April 2011 at 644.15. If it keeps this up we may actually have a usable lake this year!! :smile17:

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
Heard Lake Travis has come up 7ft in the last 12hrs. Highest level it has been since April 2011 at 644.15. If it keeps this up we may actually have a usable lake this year!! :smile17:

That would be good.  jump.gif