Lake going down quick.

HTRDLNCN

currently at 662, two ramps already closed and 4 more withing 2ft of closing.
Carlos and Charlies docks are already shut down. At the rate the LCRA is selling/using the water
lake will be back in the 640s by the end of the year and next year they open the three new water pipes to sell
to Phluegerville,Leander and Round Rock. Lake will drop twice as fast..
Be great for you jetboat guys as it turns back into a river. :)

Sweet Addiction

Looking bad out there.  But kind of fun to hang out the islands.  I am going to call Briarcliff and ask if their ramp will make it until the poker run.  I do not know how long their ramp is.

73sanger

briar cliff said that they got about 12-15 feet left before they are outa the water, lake dropping about 18" week... gonna be cutting it close for our bachelor party what are the deepest ramps around there beside briar cliff ??

Sweet Addiction

What about Pace Bend Park Ramps?  Don't use them much but I would have thought they would have extended them when the water went down last time.

HTRDLNCN

below are the ramps and the depth they get closed down.
currently lake is at 662
by Labor Day weekend probably down to 658-659

Travis Arkansas Bend 660 2 feet from being closed
Camp Creek Recreation Area  closed
Cypress Creek closed
Gloster Bend Recreation Area 662 About to close
Jones Brothers Park 660.5 1.5 ft from being closed
Jones Brothers Park 645
Mansfield Dam 641
Narrows Recreation Area 658 4ft from closing
Pace Bend - Tatum Cove 654
Pace Bend - Collier Cove 651
Sandy Creek 648
Bob Wentz Park at Windy Point 655 (sail boats only)

vdrivenman

on radar looks like central and east Texas are getting some much needed rain?????????  what will it take to bring up the lake levels??

we get a couple inches several times a week! no shortage of rain or humidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disturbed

vdrivenman said:
on radar looks like central and east Texas are getting some much needed rain?????????   what will it take to bring up the lake levels??

we get a couple inches several times a week! no shortage of rain or humidity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rain has been great.  It just hasn't done much for the highland lake levels. 

HTRDLNCN

for the main highland Lakes (Buchanan and Travis) to go up the rain has to fall to the north of them.
Rain right over or around lake does very little to raise level unless there is already water pouring in from north.

Sweet Addiction

How much did you get at your place?  I was in north Austin at the end of the day at a job at 183 and 620 and I needed some waders to get around.

HTRDLNCN

lake was at 661.80 yesterday currently at 661.90 ,
we are losing about .20 a day so that means the lake went up roughly 1/3" from all the rain this week.
Like I said ,rain directly over the lake doesnt do much, its when it rains heavy up north that it all gets funneled in from a very large area that it jumps in level.

HTRDLNCN

lake austin is constant level,it doesnt go dry. Its also so skinny its  a joke to call it a lake.
Lake travis is about 30 miles NW of the "city" . Its currently 20ft down but for it to actually go "dry" it would have to go down over 100ft.

HTRDLNCN

lake is at 659, they closed the ramp by my house at the park among others.
Lakes has been sucked down 23+ft in 7months,, good going LCRA!
Way to sell that water and make that money!
Should be intresting next year when the open up the new deep water pipes
to Leander,Round Rock,etc..
We may be able to walk over to Carlos and Charlies.

Closed:
Arkansas Bend  660  Travis County
Camp Creek Recreation Area 667 Burnet County
Cypress Creek 666 Travis County
Gloster Bend Recreation Area 662 LCRA
Jones Brothers Park 660.5 City of Jonestown

Open:

Narrows Recreation Area 658 LCRA
Bob Wentz Park at Windy Point 655 Travis County
Pace Bend - Tatum Cove 654 Travis County
Pace Bend - Collier Cove 651 Travis County
Sandy Creek 648 Travis County