Lake fest marble falls

jimmyray0682

Has anybody ever been to this? I believe it's the lucas oil drag boat races. My question is can you see the races by boat on the lake or get to the races by boat?

Devilman

I'm not 100% on this, but pretty sure I've seen it posted here that there is no boating in the vicinity of the races. I'm sure one of the racers will chime in to let ya know for sure.

73 Sanger Flat

How far of a walk is it for spectators from where they park to the area you can see the races .. Thinking about taking my dad but worried about the walking distance for him .. I hear it is not that good of a place to go for the races .. Never been , so give me some input please .. I know it is extremely hot there and hardly any shade ..

Disturbed

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
How far of a walk is it for spectators from where they park to the area you can see the races .. Thinking about taking my dad but worried about the walking distance for him .. I hear it is not that good of a place to go for the races .. Never been , so give me some input please .. I know it is extremely hot there and hardly any shade ..

The past couple of years, there's been some golf carts giving spectators rides from the parking area to the viewing area.  You could also probably drop him off up close to the gate and then go park.  It's a nice place to go watch the races.  Its just hot! 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
If you get there early enough, there is a shaded area where you can watch from. :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks -- if we do decide , we will leave the house about 5 am and get there about 8 am ..can you use the Pop up Canopy .. ??

Disturbed

I don't remember seeing pop-ups at Marble Falls. 

For more information, please call the Marble Falls/Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce at
(830) 693-2815  (copied from:  http://www.marblefalls.org/events/2016/lakefest-drag-boat-races )

TexasJet

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Thanks -- if we do decide , we will leave the house about 5 am and get there about 8 am ..can you use the Pop up Canopy .. ??

If you get there a 8:00 AM you will have excellent seating under the big canopy. Saturday and Sunday. Tim's correct there is parking fairly close for $10. and they have some golf carts. It's a good walk to the pits from the race viewing area and it's even hotter back in the pits. I think the view from the viewing area is very good. Bring folding chairs. See ya there. We will be there Friday night for Show and Shine, Sat. and Sun.